    Has anyone got any Idea what is causing it and how to go about sorting it
    out.
    Mort

    Mortda, Apr 6, 2005

  2. Mortda

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 06:55:54 +1200, "Mortda" <mortda@ mort.net.nz> wrote:

    >A Friends is failing to shutdown completely
    > I shuts down to the point of turning off the monitor but itself the system
    >continues to run on.
    > Has anyone got any Idea what is causing it and how to go about sorting it
    >out.
    > Mort

    Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting
    http://www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    "Windows Shutdown & Restart Center Troubleshooting in 15 Steps"
    http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

    "It is Now Safe to Turn Off Your Computer" Error Message When You Try
    to Shut Down Your WinXP, Win2000 Computer.
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810903

    Resources to Help Troubleshoot Shutdown Problems in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308029

    You cannot log off, restart, or shut down your Windows XP-based computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831431

    Unk, Apr 7, 2005