    installed or not and nothing seems to change.

    TIA.
    P.S when I have Nav installed, IE works fine. Have Sp1, all patches.
    Ben Dover, Sep 26, 2003

  2. Ben Dover

    Patrick Bold Guest

    See the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813518&Product=oex

    Ben Dover" <> wrote in message
    > Peoples,
    > Got a problem with Xp Pro and Norton Antivirus 2003.
    > Every time I install Nav, I loose my Pop3, i.e. OE won't connect any
    > more to my e-mail server (Xtra). Ok me thinks, disable e-mail

    protection

    Patrick Bold, Sep 27, 2003

  3. Ben Dover

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    "Ben Dover" <> wrote in

    > Peoples,
    > Got a problem with Xp Pro and Norton Antivirus 2003.
    > Every time I install Nav, I loose my Pop3, i.e. OE won't connect any
    > more to my e-mail server (Xtra). Ok me thinks, disable e-mail protection
    > in Nav, still no go, OE will still not connect, unable to find
    > server...Grrrr
    > Remove Nav, OE will now connect, re-install Nav, won't connect........
    > Any Idea's? I have checked all e-mail/internet settings when Nav is
    > installed or not and nothing seems to change.
    >
    > TIA.
    > P.S when I have Nav installed, IE works fine. Have Sp1, all patches.

    NAV uses 127.0.0.1 as a proxy through which trafic passes, so i'd check
    your email settings - I think 127.0.0.1 should be in there somewhere but
    I'm not 100% sure on that since it's been a while since I have used NAV.
    This might get you started ....

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/pfdocs/2000020716064206
    Chris Mayhew, Sep 27, 2003
  4. Ben Dover

    EAgle Guest

    "Chris Mayhew" <> wrote in message
    > "Ben Dover" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Peoples,
    > > Got a problem with Xp Pro and Norton Antivirus 2003.
    > > Every time I install Nav, I loose my Pop3, i.e. OE won't connect any
    > > more to my e-mail server (Xtra). Ok me thinks, disable e-mail protection
    > > in Nav, still no go, OE will still not connect, unable to find
    > > server...Grrrr
    > > Remove Nav, OE will now connect, re-install Nav, won't connect........
    > > Any Idea's? I have checked all e-mail/internet settings when Nav is
    > > installed or not and nothing seems to change.
    > >
    > > TIA.
    > > P.S when I have Nav installed, IE works fine. Have Sp1, all patches.
    > >

    > NAV uses 127.0.0.1 as a proxy through which trafic passes, so i'd check
    > your email settings - I think 127.0.0.1 should be in there somewhere but
    > I'm not 100% sure on that since it's been a while since I have used NAV.
    > This might get you started ....
    >
    > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/pfdocs/2000020716064206

    Thats now older version of Nav used to work, NAV2003 doesn't need to have
    127.0.0.1 setup as the mail server..
    EAgle, Sep 27, 2003