XP Pro - my opening 'menu' disappeared

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov, Jun 27, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Luke O'Malley <> wrote:

    |>Hi!
    |>
    |>I took my USB mouse from my PC to use on my laptop. The PC was
    |>turned on without the mouse and a msg told that there was no
    |>keyboard. When I checked it seems that I inadvertantly disconnected
    |>the keyboard. I plugged it back in again and booted up the computer.
    |>
    |>The computer stopped to give me a choice between XP Pro & Win 98. (I
    |>used to have Win 98 on the PC). I selected XP Pro and the computer
    |>booted up, but it was like a brand new computer - ther were no icons
    |>for programs and it gave me a 'wonderful' lawn - which I had long
    |>gotten ridden of. This happened once before a couple of years ago,
    |>but I don't know how the problem was resolved.
    |>
    |>Is there enough info here to help me?

    Try WinKey+R <type in> explorer <enter>

    --
    The Size Of Our World
    http://rense.com/general72/size.htm

  2. Luke O'Malley wrote:

    > In article ,
    > said:
    > -->Try WinKey+R <type in> explorer <enter>

    > Thank you for the reply. What is WinKey = R?

    Look on your keyboard. Most modern ones have a key between the Ctrl and
    the Alt, with a Windows graphic on it. That's the WinKey.

    Hold it down and press R

    Not "WinKey = R" but "WinKey+R", which is the way you would type
    Ctrl+Alt+Delete

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer