    Naturally I want to avoid a complete un-insdtall and re-install
    if at all possible.

    , Jan 24, 2004

  2. Suddenly, sprang forth and uttered these pithy
    words:
    > I had a working ISP connection when I re-installed XP Pro.
    >
    > I had inadvertently deleted some system fonts and, not being able
    > to find the fonts folder, I re-installed XP.
    >
    > This solved the font program, but subsequently my ISP connection
    > would not work.

    I don't know whether it's the same, but after I reinstalled Win2K over
    top of itself to fix another problem, the modems would not work. Had to
    clean install to get dialup working.

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and