    hg Guest

    Hello, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what would happen if for some
    unforseen reason the 120 day XP pro evaluation period was not long enough ?

    hg, May 25, 2006

  2. After the evaluation expires, Windows XP will cease to work.
    Perform a Clean Instillation start the evaluation over again.

    As I understand it, a Repair Installation will not start the time over. .

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], May 25, 2006

  3. hg

    NightOwl Guest

    hg wrote:
    > Hello, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what would happen if for some
    > unforseen reason the 120 day XP pro evaluation period was not long enough ?

    That is correct. Unless you have a full version of XP or another eval
    key, doing a repair install would not work.

    NightOwl, Jul 2, 2006
  4. hg

    Steve W. Guest

    if you need it for more than 120 days.. its worth buying. It is a solid OS
    and even though I have been using Vista for 6 months in order to support
    it.. I wouldn't use it by choice. XP pro will last you a while, invest in
    it. You would need to reformat or install another primary partition to
    start the timer over and aside from it being shady.. its just not worth the
    hassle.

    Steve W., Jul 25, 2006