    fraction of a second then disappears. Is there any way I can make it stay
    open?
    thanks
    Molecule, Nov 14, 2009

  2. Molecule

    Mike Easter Guest

    Molecule wrote:

    > when i try to open cscript it pops up for around a
    > fraction of a second then disappears. Is there any way I can make it
    > stay open?

    It is a commandline app. Start/ Run/ command (then type..) cscript

    http://snipr.com/t8eh8 To run scripts using the command-line-based
    script host (Cscript.exe)

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 14, 2009

  3. Molecule

    Molecule Guest

    It is a commandline app. Start/ Run/ command (then type..) cscript

    > http://snipr.com/t8eh8 To run scripts using the command-line-based
    > script host (Cscript.exe)
    >
    > --
    > Mike Easter

    ok, so in order to run "cscript C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil set
    w3svc/MaxConnections 40", I just have to type in START/RUN and press enter,
    no console popping up to tell me it is done?
    Thanks
    Molecule, Nov 14, 2009
  4. Molecule

    VanguardLH Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:

    > Molecule wrote:
    >
    >> when i try to open cscript it pops up for around a
    >> fraction of a second then disappears. Is there any way I can make it
    >> stay open?

    > It is a commandline app. Start/ Run/ command (then type..) cscript
    >
    > http://snipr.com/t8eh8 To run scripts using the command-line-based
    > script host (Cscript.exe)

    Do not use the old and limited command.com interpreter. Instead use
    cmd.exe for the interpreter. So to modifies Mike's reply, use
    Start/Run/cmd.exe (you get away with just cmd and leave off the .exe
    extension, too) to open a command shell (aka DOS prompt aka command
    console).

    Or maybe Mike meant to say to use Start/Run/<command> where you replace
    <command> with whatever string you want to run (for an executable) or to
    load a handler (for a filetype). However, if it is a command-line
    program, it probably doesn't provide its own console window to show any
    output or accept input. That means when the command-line program ends,
    the temporary console for it will also disappear and you won't see any
    output. If you want the console window to remain on the screen,
    whatever opened it has to remain running. So use cmd.exe to get the
    console window and then enter your command string. When your command is
    done, cmd.exe is still running so the console window remains open.
    VanguardLH, Nov 14, 2009