    seconds after I shut it down. I have unchecked the automatically restart in
    start and recovery section of advanced system settings, but no change. Any
    ideas please.

    Hockleyman, Dec 16, 2007

  2. Hockleyman

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Hockleyman.

    This question used to come up a lot in the XP newsgroups (not necessarily
    64-bit; you DO realize that you've posted into a newsgroup dedicated to
    64-bit Windows, right?), but I haven't seen it in a while. Try this website
    for lots of ideas and possible solutions:

    WINDOWS XP SHUTDOWN & RESTART TROUBLESHOOTING
    http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA