XP Pro 64 NTLDR is missing ....!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Richard, Dec 18, 2009.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    OK guys I've brought this on myself but now am stuck as to what to do.

    This is the situation. This system was put together for my and all the
    major drives including the C drive are SCSI. The installer later added
    a couple of SATA drive for a RAID 0. After this the boot up was always
    unusual in that it took a couple of minutes to get to a screen where you
    could elect to access set-up, or hit enter to continue, then a screen
    saying hit any key to continue.

    This evening I wanted to clear the two RAID drives and use them
    elsewhere so I deleted the partition on them and took them out. Now
    I'm having the problem and of course putting them back in is no help <G>
    Please how do I get out of the brown stuff.

    Many thanks

    Richard

    PS I'm not that technically brilliant with the finer details of this
    sort of thing so please can you keep it as simple as possible!

    Richard, Dec 18, 2009

  2. Richard

    Carlos Guest

    Richard,
    Start by booting from the XP Pro x64 install CD and choose the repair option.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 19, 2009

  3. What you want to do is called a "repair install". If you google or bing
    "repair install XP" you'll find the first hit is Michael Steven's excellent
    site: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

    Follow the instructions there to do a repair install and you should be back
    up and running.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 19, 2009
  4. Richard

    Richard Guest

    In his posting of Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Charlie Russel - MVP writes
    >What you want to do is called a "repair install". If you google or bing
    >"repair install XP" you'll find the first hit is Michael Steven's
    >excellent site: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
    >
    >Follow the instructions there to do a repair install and you should be
    >back up and running.

    Many thanks guys...all up and running again thank goodness!

    Cheers

    Richard

    Richard, Dec 19, 2009
  5. Glad we could help. And that you're back up!

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 19, 2009