    original one even though I change it to http://www.slashdot.org/

    thanks,
    charles.....

    =?Utf-8?B?Y2hhcmxlcw==?=, Jan 15, 2006

  2. Okay, this is a little long winded but here it goes;

    1. Create a new user called TEMPADMIN or similar and give it admin
    privileges
    2. Set up that user account with all the settings you require e.g. IE home
    page desktop etc
    3. In explorer go to C:\document and setting\ and you will see a list of the
    user profiles that have logged onto the computer plus one called all users
    and one called default user.
    4. In the 'Default User' profile/folder you will see a file called User.dat
    back this up or rename it.
    5. In the TEMPADMIN profile/folder you will also see a file called User.dat
    copy this to the 'Default User' profile/folder
    6. Rename or backup the limited user profile for any data retention
    7. Log off the computer and back on using the limited user account and it
    (and any new user accounts) will have the default setting you created.

    Carwyn.

    Carwyn Hollett, Jan 16, 2006