    around and the regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll fix but all these fixes seem to
    be for Pic & Fax Viewer as the default viewer in windows...which mine
    isn't. Any ideas?

    Dogg, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Dogg

    Lebowski Guest

    "Dogg" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I Use ACDSee as my picture viewer and everything is all fine except
    > that when I try to view jpg's on my camera. I can't even open up the
    > files from within ACDSee. Stupid Picture and Fax viewer is associated
    > with the "preview" action. I've tried the various reg fixes floating
    > around and the regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll fix but all these fixes seem to
    > be for Pic & Fax Viewer as the default viewer in windows...which mine
    > isn't. Any ideas?

    What's so stupid about it? It's quite a good viewer and uses all the best
    features of ACDSee. The cool thing is it only takes a roll of the mousewheel
    to zoom in and out, and you can even permanently clockwise /
    counterclockwise rotate a pic that may be orientated incorrectly. I think
    it's excellent personally.

    Lebowski, Feb 7, 2004

  3. Dogg

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:34:08 +1300, Dogg wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I Use ACDSee as my picture viewer and everything is all fine except
    > that when I try to view jpg's on my camera. I can't even open up the
    > files from within ACDSee. Stupid Picture and Fax viewer is associated
    > with the "preview" action. I've tried the various reg fixes floating
    > around and the regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll fix but all these fixes seem to
    > be for Pic & Fax Viewer as the default viewer in windows...which mine
    > isn't. Any ideas?

    are you opening the files through explorer or some other program?

    -[Myth]-, Feb 7, 2004
  4. Dogg

    K & S Guest

    On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:34:08 +1300, Dogg <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I Use ACDSee as my picture viewer and everything is all fine except
    >that when I try to view jpg's on my camera. I can't even open up the
    >files from within ACDSee. Stupid Picture and Fax viewer is associated
    >with the "preview" action. I've tried the various reg fixes floating
    >around and the regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll fix but all these fixes seem to
    >be for Pic & Fax Viewer as the default viewer in windows...which mine
    >isn't. Any ideas?

    Go into Folder Options/File Types find the JPG reference and change it to the
    program that you want open it, for that file type..

    Dead Simple no hacks or Reg mods needed..

    K & S, Feb 7, 2004
  5. Dogg

    Dogg Guest

    On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 14:59:01 +1300, "Lebowski"
    <> wrote:

    >"Dogg" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all,

    >What's so stupid about it? It's quite a good viewer and uses all the best
    >features of ACDSee. The cool thing is it only takes a roll of the mousewheel
    >to zoom in and out, and you can even permanently clockwise /
    >counterclockwise rotate a pic that may be orientated incorrectly. I think
    >it's excellent personally.

    I didn't ask for your opinion but thanks anyway...

    Dogg, Feb 9, 2004
  6. Dogg

    Dogg Guest

    On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:11:49 +1300, "-[Myth]-"
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:34:08 +1300, Dogg wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I Use ACDSee as my picture viewer and everything is all fine except
    >> that when I try to view jpg's on my camera. I can't even open up the
    >> files from within ACDSee. Stupid Picture and Fax viewer is associated
    >> with the "preview" action. I've tried the various reg fixes floating
    >> around and the regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll fix but all these fixes seem to
    >> be for Pic & Fax Viewer as the default viewer in windows...which mine
    >> isn't. Any ideas?

    >are you opening the files through explorer or some other program?

    From explorer, the files open in Pic and Fax viewer. If I try to open
    it from ACDSee, it doesn't do anything...??

    Dogg, Feb 9, 2004
  7. Dogg

    Rider Guest

    "Dogg" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:11:49 +1300, "-[Myth]-"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:34:08 +1300, Dogg wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi all,
    > >>
    > >> I Use ACDSee as my picture viewer and everything is all fine except
    > >> that when I try to view jpg's on my camera. I can't even open up the
    > >> files from within ACDSee. Stupid Picture and Fax viewer is associated
    > >> with the "preview" action. I've tried the various reg fixes floating
    > >> around and the regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll fix but all these fixes seem to
    > >> be for Pic & Fax Viewer as the default viewer in windows...which mine
    > >> isn't. Any ideas?

    > >are you opening the files through explorer or some other program?

    > From explorer, the files open in Pic and Fax viewer. If I try to open
    > it from ACDSee, it doesn't do anything...??

    If you right click on tyhe pic file, and click on "open with" and then
    choose ACDSee .... does that work?

    Rider

    Rider, Feb 9, 2004
  8. Dogg

    Dogg Guest

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:01:21 +1300, "Rider"
    <> wrote:

    >"Dogg" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 15:11:49 +1300, "-[Myth]-"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:34:08 +1300, Dogg wrote:

    >If you right click on tyhe pic file, and click on "open with" and then
    >choose ACDSee .... does that work?
    >
    >Rider

    I can't even do that. When I browse to my camera, it's not like
    *normal* explorer. It seems XP has taken it over and I only get "View,
    copy" etc in the context menu...not the normal "Open with" etc.

    Dogg, Feb 9, 2004
  9. Dogg

    Lebowski Guest

    "Dogg" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 14:59:01 +1300, "Lebowski"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Dogg" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hi all,

    > >What's so stupid about it? It's quite a good viewer and uses all the best
    > >features of ACDSee. The cool thing is it only takes a roll of the

    mousewheel
    > >to zoom in and out, and you can even permanently clockwise /
    > >counterclockwise rotate a pic that may be orientated incorrectly. I think
    > >it's excellent personally.
    > >

    > I didn't ask for your opinion but thanks anyway...

    I didn't ask for yours either but was curious as to why you dislike
    something that's not so dissimilar to a program you favour positively.

    Lebowski, Feb 9, 2004
  10. Dogg

    Dogg Guest

    On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 18:23:34 +1300, "Lebowski"
    <> wrote:

    >I didn't ask for yours either but was curious as to why you dislike
    >something that's not so dissimilar to a program you favour positively.

    It just introduces another step in the process for me..oh...and it
    sucks ass.

    Dogg, Feb 9, 2004
  11. Dogg

    Lebowski Guest

    "Dogg" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 18:23:34 +1300, "Lebowski"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >I didn't ask for yours either but was curious as to why you dislike
    > >something that's not so dissimilar to a program you favour positively.
    > >

    > It just introduces another step in the process for me..oh...and it
    > sucks ass.

    Fair enough, we all have our preferences I guess.

    Lebowski, Feb 10, 2004