    the PC? Any pro/con to security set up would be welcome too! We used to be
    small enough that security wasn't an issue, but have grown rapidly & the
    trend is an increasing rate. Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gLSBNUg==?=, May 4, 2006

  2. If you cannot log in with the Administrator (root) account, I guess the best
    I can come up with at the moment would be a 'repair install'. That is, at
    least if the number of involved PC's isn't overwhelming.

    There is an MS 'site' devoted to security, I can't remember - if you google
    for "Microsoft Security" or something. . .

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 4, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SmFzb24gLSBNUg==?=

    John John Guest

    No need to install, this works: http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

    John

    John John, May 4, 2006
  4. Jason - MR wrote:
    > I need help getting into one of my network PCs! We set up PCs with a user
    > profile, keep a generic company password so anyone can get onto the PC, but
    > at the point you want to get onto the network you must log in via remote
    > desktop. All is well and good until a person left, had changed the PC
    > password, now I need the password to get into the PC so I can set it up for
    > the new user & I'm locked out. Anyone have any ideas how I can get back into
    > the PC? Any pro/con to security set up would be welcome too! We used to be
    > small enough that security wasn't an issue, but have grown rapidly & the
    > trend is an increasing rate. Thanks.

    Simply log in using the built-in Administrator account (which
    cannot be deleted) and modify the desired account(s) and use Start > Run
    > "control userpasswords2" to modify the desired account(s). By

    design, the only way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP Home
    is to reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL twice
    at the Welcome Screen will produce the standard login dialog box.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm