    any ideas??
    thanks
    bedge

    bedge, Mar 22, 2007

  2. bedge

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 20:24:09 -0000, bedge wrote:

    >I have a message saying no page file!
    >i have tried to set a manual pagefile 512-1548

    You remembered to click on set, otherwise it won't.

    Don't use manual, use allow Windows to manage.

    Basic or Dynamic volumes?

    >tried setting it on another drive and tried system set as well but no good

    Delete any existing pagefile

    >i even tryed a copy of a pagefile from another xp box

    Since it's scratch temp memory no need , besides it sounds just plain
    silly to try that.

    >but my machine deleted it on startup and the same message comes no page file
    >any ideas??

    www.google.com finds many articles,

    Some reading,

    http://www.petri.co.il/pagefile_optimization.htm