    I have a pentium 2, 400Mhz 288 megs of Ram and a 10GB Hard drive. Can I load XP
    on my laptop and have it run well or stay with Win 2K
    Thanks
    Rclrk43, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Rclrk43

    Duane Arnold Guest

    (Rclrk43) wrote in
    news::

    > I have a pentium 2, 400Mhz 288 megs of Ram and a 10GB Hard drive. Can
    > I load XP on my laptop and have it run well or stay with Win 2K
    > Thanks

    You should stay with Win 2K. Yes, XP will run on the computer. But XP
    requires more RAM to run decently. If you have no compelling reason to go
    with XP, then Win 2K is fine. Win 2K is going to be around for a long time
    like Win 98SE.

    Duane :)
    Duane Arnold, Oct 15, 2004

  3. Rclrk43

    Trent© Guest

    On 15 Oct 2004 04:02:46 GMT, (Rclrk43) wrote:

    >I have a pentium 2, 400Mhz 288 megs of Ram and a 10GB Hard drive. Can I load XP
    >on my laptop and have it run well or stay with Win 2K
    >Thanks

    Stay with 2000. Once you switch, you won't be happy.

    Have a nice one...

    Trent

    Trent©, Oct 15, 2004
  4. Rclrk43

    Matt Pascoe Guest

    Yep I agree but XP will run well enough on that spec.

    Matt Pascoe, Oct 15, 2004
  5. Rclrk43

    Sirius Guest

    "Rclrk43" <> wrote in message
    > I have a pentium 2, 400Mhz 288 megs of Ram and a 10GB Hard drive. Can I

    load XP
    > on my laptop and have it run well or stay with Win 2K
    > Thanks

    I've got XP on a P2 366 MHz with 128 Mb ram. Its not fast but is fine for
    most purposes and is a major improvement over W98.

    With the XP installation, going to Control Panel-System-Advanced-Performance
    Settings and checking the box for optimum performance seems to have helped a
    lot.
    Sirius, Oct 16, 2004