XP - Network Setup Wizard Error

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by john273, May 3, 2009.

  1. john273

    john273

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    I've searched everywhere for a fix to this and can't seem to find anything.

    But I'm sure there's an easy answer and I'm just not seeing it.

    I've got 1 desktop that is connected to my router and 2 laptops that connect to the router with their wireless cards. All computers connect to the internet without problems.

    But I'm trying to setup a home network so I can share files between all three computers. All of them run XP.

    So I tried the network setup wizard on the desktop with again is the computer that connects by ethernet cable to the router.

    I tell the wizard that this computer connects directly to the internet.

    After the final step I get the error that says, "Cannot Complete the Network Setup Wizard " then it says that an error occured during the configuration. It says that I can setup the network manually but I can't figure out how to do that.

    I will say that I had this working before but with a different router. I got a new ISP (ATT) and they brought their own router (2wire).

    I tried disabling my firewall and antivirus software and that didn't work.

    What am I doing wrong here?

    Thanks for your help,

    John

    Last edited: May 3, 2009