    good. i have no idea! it has to be in my xp. but it worked fine before!
    any suggestions?!?

    thanks
    nobody, Oct 3, 2003

  2. nobody

    Harrison Guest

    It could be in your access point. Being without power for long enough
    may have made it go back to default. I'd suggest you start over, just
    as you did when you set up the access point and card. Set up the AP
    and then reinstall the card, just as you did when they were originally
    purchased.

    XP can be tricky with wireless. Play around with bridging on and off.
    Ideally, you'd want to set up a unique SSID and use MAC filtering to
    insure that your wireless is secure. WEP is pretty much useless.

    Harrison, Oct 4, 2003

  3. nobody

    nobody Guest

    hmm.. i'm not computer literate.. all i know is that the set up process
    involved nothing more than just plugging it in. access point? i have no
    idea. can you provide a step by step?

    thanks so much

    nobody, Oct 4, 2003
  4. nobody

    Harrison Guest

    If you're using wireless Internet at home, or anywhere for that
    matter, then you are using an access point. The access point may well
    be incorporated into a wireless router, which is then attached to DSL,
    cable, or some other network setup.

    What I'm saying is that perhaps whatever access point, be it a
    wireless router or whatever, it may have lost any custom settings in
    the power outage and may have returned to its default settings.
    Those settings may not be matching up to your wireless card.

    The following settings are relevant to whether or not the two wireless
    devices will be able to communicate with each other.

    AP name
    SSID
    Channel
    Encryption Method and Keys

    If you don't know how to configure these, then you should probably
    contact either the company who set it up for you or a competent
    professional.

    Harrison, Oct 4, 2003