    All suggestions welcome.

    Regards
    Miguel

    Miguel, Feb 13, 2007

  2. Miguel

    Sharkwtfc Guest

    "Miguel" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all...I'm looking for an mp3 software player for WinXP which will
    > automatically update itself with any new mp3's added to the user's My
    > Music folder and subfolders (or whatever folder the mp3's are stored
    > in) each time the programme is started.
    >
    > The only mp3 software player I've used under MS is Winamp and I'm
    > pretty sure it doesn't do what I want.

    Windows Media Player 11 does it instantaneously in my experience.

    --
    Sharkwtfc

    Sharkwtfc, Feb 13, 2007

  3. Miguel

    iascoot Guest

    after trying many mp3 programs, Windoes Media Player 11 seems the way
    to go at the moment

    iascoot, Feb 13, 2007
  4. Miguel

    Craig Shore Guest

    On 12 Feb 2007 20:48:19 -0800, "Miguel" <> wrote:

    >Hi all...I'm looking for an mp3 software player for WinXP which will
    >automatically update itself with any new mp3's added to the user's My
    >Music folder and subfolders (or whatever folder the mp3's are stored
    >in) each time the programme is started.
    >
    >The only mp3 software player I've used under MS is Winamp and I'm
    >pretty sure it doesn't do what I want.
    >
    >All suggestions welcome.

    Windows Media Player 11 or iTunes.

    Craig Shore, Feb 13, 2007
  5. Miguel

    Mathew Good Guest

    On 12 Feb 2007 20:48:19 -0800, "Miguel" <> wrote:

    >Hi all...I'm looking for an mp3 software player for WinXP which will
    >automatically update itself with any new mp3's added to the user's My
    >Music folder and subfolders (or whatever folder the mp3's are stored
    >in) each time the programme is started.
    >
    >The only mp3 software player I've used under MS is Winamp and I'm
    >pretty sure it doesn't do what I want.
    >
    >All suggestions welcome.
    >
    >Regards
    >Miguel

    Try this one

    http://www.quinnware.com/downloads.php

    Mathew Good, Feb 13, 2007
  6. Miguel

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:06:39 +1300, "Sharkwtfc" <> wrote:

    >"Miguel" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi all...I'm looking for an mp3 software player for WinXP which will
    >> automatically update itself with any new mp3's added to the user's My
    >> Music folder and subfolders (or whatever folder the mp3's are stored
    >> in) each time the programme is started.
    >>
    >> The only mp3 software player I've used under MS is Winamp and I'm
    >> pretty sure it doesn't do what I want.

    >Windows Media Player 11 does it instantaneously in my experience.

    And Phone M$ Home..

    Great bit of Spyware..

    Mathew Good, Feb 13, 2007
  7. Miguel

    Mathew Good Guest

    On 12 Feb 2007 21:18:45 -0800, "iascoot" <> wrote:

    >after trying many mp3 programs, Windoes Media Player 11 seems the way
    >to go at the moment

    Spyware..

    Mathew Good, Feb 13, 2007
  8. Miguel

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:35:04 +1300, Craig Shore <> wrote:

    >On 12 Feb 2007 20:48:19 -0800, "Miguel" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all...I'm looking for an mp3 software player for WinXP which will
    >>automatically update itself with any new mp3's added to the user's My
    >>Music folder and subfolders (or whatever folder the mp3's are stored
    >>in) each time the programme is started.
    >>
    >>The only mp3 software player I've used under MS is Winamp and I'm
    >>pretty sure it doesn't do what I want.
    >>
    >>All suggestions welcome.

    >Windows Media Player 11 or iTunes.

    Try this

    http://www.quinnware.com/downloads.php

    Its not spyware

    iTunes will not work with Vista..

    Mathew Good, Feb 13, 2007
  9. Miguel

    Max Burke Guest

    Mathew Good scribbled:
    > On 12 Feb 2007 21:18:45 -0800, "iascoot" <> wrote:
    >
    > > after trying many mp3 programs, Windoes Media Player 11 seems the
    > > way to go at the moment

    > Spyware..

    No, it isn't.

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Feb 13, 2007
  10. Miguel

    Max Burke Guest

    > Mathew Good scribbled:

    >> On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:06:39 +1300, "Sharkwtfc"

    > <> wrote:

    >>> "Miguel" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all...I'm looking for an mp3 software player for WinXP which
    >>> will automatically update itself with any new mp3's added to the
    >>> user's My Music folder and subfolders (or whatever folder the
    >>> mp3's are stored in) each time the programme is started.
    >>> The only mp3 software player I've used under MS is Winamp and I'm
    >>> pretty sure it doesn't do what I want.

    >> Windows Media Player 11 does it instantaneously in my experience.

    > And Phone M$ Home..

    No it dosen't.

    > Great bit of Spyware..

    No it isn't.

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Feb 13, 2007
  11. Miguel

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Mathew Good" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:06:39 +1300, "Sharkwtfc" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Miguel" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi all...I'm looking for an mp3 software player for WinXP which will
    >>> automatically update itself with any new mp3's added to the user's My
    >>> Music folder and subfolders (or whatever folder the mp3's are stored
    >>> in) each time the programme is started.
    >>>
    >>> The only mp3 software player I've used under MS is Winamp and I'm
    >>> pretty sure it doesn't do what I want.

    >>Windows Media Player 11 does it instantaneously in my experience.

    > And Phone M$ Home..
    >
    > Great bit of Spyware..

    If you don't know how to change any settings then you deserve everything
    coming to you.
    Better still go and install Linux, it's limitations will suit you right down
    to the ground.

    I bet your IE7 settings would be good for some laughs if you happen to be
    using it.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Feb 13, 2007
  12. Miguel

    Zipper Guest

    Miguel wrote:
    > Hi all...I'm looking for an mp3 software player for WinXP which will
    > automatically update itself with any new mp3's added to the user's My
    > Music folder and subfolders (or whatever folder the mp3's are stored
    > in) each time the programme is started.
    >
    > The only mp3 software player I've used under MS is Winamp and I'm
    > pretty sure it doesn't do what I want.
    >
    > All suggestions welcome.
    >
    > Regards
    > Miguel

    in Winamp click on library preferences then select "rescan folders at
    startup"

    Pretty easy...

    You can select whatever folders to scan.

    Zipper, Feb 13, 2007
  13. Miguel

    Miguel Guest

    On Feb 14, 11:03 am, Zipper <> wrote:

    > in Winamp click on library preferences then select "rescan folders at
    > startup"
    >
    > Pretty easy...
    >
    > You can select whatever folders to scan.

    Hi all again....Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've upgraded
    from winamp-lite to winamp-full and now have the option Zipper
    suggested, which is what the user wanted. Thanks.

    Now I just have to work out how to increase winamp's default font
    size.

    Regards
    Miguel

    Miguel, Feb 13, 2007
  14. Miguel

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:55:25 +1300, "Max Burke" <> wrote:

    >Mathew Good scribbled:
    >> On 12 Feb 2007 21:18:45 -0800, "iascoot" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > after trying many mp3 programs, Windoes Media Player 11 seems the
    >> > way to go at the moment

    >> Spyware..

    >No, it isn't.

    So how come I can disable all these spyware features with XP Antispy...??

    Mathew Good, Feb 14, 2007
  15. Miguel

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:57:15 +1300, "Max Burke" <> wrote:

    >> Mathew Good scribbled:

    >>> Windows Media Player 11 does it instantaneously in my experience.

    >> And Phone M$ Home..

    >No it dosen't.

    Yes it DOES..

    Go look at XP Antispy.

    Mathew Good, Feb 14, 2007
  16. Miguel

    Max Burke Guest

    > Mathew Good scribbled:

    > And Phone M$ Home..

    >> No it dosen't.

    > Yes it DOES..

    No it doesn't. ALL access it has to the Internet (and could use to 'phone
    home') is FULLY documented in it's help file, and also can be disabled by
    users. Therefore it is NOT spyware, it does NOT secretly phone home, and it
    does NOT send any personal information to any third party, let alone
    Microsoft, unless and until a user Specifically allows it to. Any
    information, personal or otherwise, it can be allowed to send is limited to
    how the program operates and what the user in doing with the program.
    None of that information can be used to personally identify any particular
    person using the program in any way at all.

    So your claim that Windows Media Player is (a) spyware that (b) phones home
    without user permission fails on all generally accepted definitions of
    spyware.

    Users can, if they also want to, use the firewall(s) on their computer(s) to
    limit and/or block it (and any other program) from having any access to the
    Internet. If they dont know how to do that themselves, they can always get a
    'security professional' to do it for them at $xxx.xx per hour.

    > Go look at XP Antispy.

    Why should I, or any other user, use a un-trusted third party tool to prove
    something that is NOT true?

    > Great bit of Spyware..

    No it isn't.

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Feb 14, 2007
  17. Miguel

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:23:20 +1300, Mathew Good <
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:35:04 +1300, Craig Shore <> wrote:
    >
    >>On 12 Feb 2007 20:48:19 -0800, "Miguel" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi all...I'm looking for an mp3 software player for WinXP which will
    >>>automatically update itself with any new mp3's added to the user's My
    >>>Music folder and subfolders (or whatever folder the mp3's are stored
    >>>in) each time the programme is started.
    >>>
    >>>The only mp3 software player I've used under MS is Winamp and I'm
    >>>pretty sure it doesn't do what I want.
    >>>
    >>>All suggestions welcome.

    >>Windows Media Player 11 or iTunes.
    >>

    >Try this
    >

    >http://www.quinnware.com/downloads.php
    >

    >Its not spyware

    Neither is WMP 11. You can turn off any net access if you wish. It's
    mainly there to make it easier to use. None of it is hidden and you
    can configure it however you choose.

    >iTunes will not work with Vista..

    The OP is using WinXP. It's in the subject and in the message quoted
    above.

    Craig Shore, Feb 16, 2007
  18. Miguel

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 22:46:25 +1300, Craig Shore <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:23:20 +1300, Mathew Good <
    >wrote:

    >>>Windows Media Player 11 or iTunes.
    >>>

    >>Try this
    >>

    >>http://www.quinnware.com/downloads.php
    >>

    >>Its not spyware

    >Neither is WMP 11. You can turn off any net access if you wish. It's
    >mainly there to make it easier to use. None of it is hidden and you
    >can configure it however you choose.
    >
    >>iTunes will not work with Vista..

    >The OP is using WinXP. It's in the subject and in the message quoted
    >above.

    Other Companies list it as Spyware..

    Mathew Good, Feb 16, 2007
  19. On Feb 13, 11:23 pm, Mathew Good < wrote:
    <snip>
    > iTunes will not work with Vista..

    Yes, it will work on Windows Vista

    Nathan Mercer, Feb 16, 2007
  20. Miguel

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:
    > Neither is WMP 11. You can turn off any net access if you wish. It's
    > mainly there to make it easier to use. None of it is hidden and you
    > can configure it however you choose.

    However, I've noticed the disconcerting trend of every time I download an
    update for WMP it re-sets the configuration to phone home. I have to
    constantly check and remedy it.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Feb 16, 2007