    Thanks for any help.

    BobH
    Quik Internet of Portland

    =?Utf-8?B?Ym9iaHBkeA==?=, Dec 7, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Ym9iaHBkeA==?=

    peter Guest

    I had this on my Dell Laptop until I went to administrative tool/ services and
    turned off wireless zero configuration.
    This way I used my Netgears configutation utility and now I connect each and
    every time.
    peter

    peter, Dec 8, 2004

  3. There's probably some utility (maybe from Trendnet?) that's disabling
    Windows. You can check the task manager, startup group, services, etc. for
    the application that's doing this.

    If this only happens on reboot, it's probably a service or something that
    runs at startup.

    3rd-party wireless apps usually leave an icon in the taskbar.

    Hope this helps!

    --
    Standard Disclaimers -
    and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly

    Carl DaVault [MSFT], Dec 8, 2004
  4. Thanks - that did it went to start, run, msconfig and turned off trendnet
    startup app - works every time now

    BobHpdx

    =?Utf-8?B?Ym9iaHBkeA==?=, Dec 9, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Ym9iaHBkeA==?=

    BSchooler Guest

    Pls. Help...i am having same issue as bobhpdx...i recently upgraded Lynksis
    routers and now wireless connection disconnects on rebooting....BUT i have
    not installed any software from the lynksis router in to the problem computer
    (i have two computers and the problem-free computer has the software)...it
    was working fine under the old linksys router...now, i tried going to the
    startup menu, but not sure which one to unclick??? these are the
    choices....any idea?

    CLIStart
    stsystra
    ccApp
    osCheck
    jusched
    WLTRAY
    ctfmon
    IPSecClient Icon
    Microsoft Office

    thanks.

    --
    bschooler

    BSchooler, Apr 30, 2008
  6. Even you haven't install the wireless software, it could be other 3rd party
    software. For troubleshooting, start the computer with clean boot.

    Windows generalHow to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run Windows
    Safe Mode with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort
    programs in Start ...
    www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/windowsgeneral.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Apr 30, 2008
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Ym9iaHBkeA==?=

    smlunatick Guest

    On Apr 29, 10:43 pm, BSchooler <>
    wrote:
    > Pls. Help...i am having same issue as bobhpdx...i recently upgraded Lynksis
    > routers and now wireless connection disconnects on rebooting....BUT i have
    > not installed any software from the lynksis router in to the problem computer
    > (i have two computers and the problem-free computer has the software)...it
    > was working fine under the old linksys router...now, i tried going to the
    > startup menu, but not sure which one to unclick???  these are the
    > choices....any idea?
    >
    > CLIStart
    > stsystra
    > ccApp
    > osCheck
    > jusched

    A quic
    > ctfmon
    > IPSecClient Icon
    > Microsoft Office
    >
    > thanks.
    >
    > --
    > bschooler
    >

    > "bobhpdx" wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks - that did it went to start, run, msconfig and turned off trendnet
    > > startup app - works every time now

    > > BobHpdx

    > > "Carl DaVault [MSFT]" wrote:

    > > > There's probably some utility (maybe from Trendnet?) that's disabling
    > > > Windows. You can check the task manager, startup group, services, etc. for
    > > > the application that's doing this.

    > > > If this only happens on reboot, it's probably a service or something that
    > > > runs at startup.

    > > > 3rd-party wireless apps usually leave an icon in the taskbar.

    > > > Hope this helps!

    > > > --
    > > > Standard Disclaimers -
    > > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
    > > > and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly
    > > > to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only.

    > > > "peter" <> wrote in message

    Linksys router software has nothing to do with the problem. You need
    to check the problematic wireless adapter PC and disable the included
    management tools / applications. Then, Wireless Zero Configuration
    should be stable.

    A quick search of the web, WLTRAY seems to be the Dell wireless
    adapter management tools.

    smlunatick, Apr 30, 2008
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Ym9iaHBkeA==?=

    BSchooler Guest

    your messages helped me with the diagnosis...thank you much. very helpful..
    --
    bschooler

    BSchooler, May 4, 2008
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Ym9iaHBkeA==?=

    Phil Guest

    I am writing this letter to ALL Wireless Router manufacturers.
    I have a Linksys Wireless Router Model:BEFW11S4. It is 7 years (yes, count
    them, all of seven little years) old. I have visited the Linksys website
    numerous times trying to set up the WEP/WPA security on that wireless router
    (as all responsible wireless router owners should!). I found that there are
    no links to any wireless router setting websites that are congruent with the
    screen shots from Linksys' own self help technical support site. I have had
    to call Linksys several times to resolve this issue only to be placed on hold
    for lengthy times (sometimes my call was dropped and I had to start over ....
    how sad for such a large company to have such poorly trained phone
    receptionists!), then be transferred (see previous comment about the phone
    receptionists) to a supposed supervisor, only to finally be transferred to
    someone who tells me that the warranty has expired and wants me to pay $40.00
    for the technical support to do the right thing that I want and need to do.
    First, the device works fine (as evidenced by this e-mail that you have
    just received)!
    Second, why should I have to pay for doing the right thing?
    Third, if I am going to be EXTORTED into buying a new wireless router so
    that I can do the right thing and set up an encryption key for a secure
    network, what on Gods' Green Earth makes anyone think that I would CHOOSE to
    buy another Linksys product when ALL that I have ever received from them is a
    functional wireless router (yes, even after seven whole years) and the
    crappiest Customer Service/Technical Support I have ever had the displeasure
    to encounter!
    I shall copy this letter and try to find as many Chat Rooms as possible in
    order to spread the word of ALL that I have gone through with the Chain of
    Command at the Linksys phone center, well above and beyond what any
    reasonable person should expect to go through, and still have NO RELIEF
    concerning my singular issue with their product and its capabilities that I
    SHOULD be able to enjoy as the owner of said product! What has happend to
    "The Customer Is Always Right" Customer Service mantra (I can't say "In
    America" because the call was handled in India)? Is the Customer, the ones
    that makes the company what it is through the purchase of products, so
    worthless to the company that they can just be treated with abject contempt
    and scorn? Is the Customer to thus be trampled underfoot? Are we paying to
    be so abused? I, for one (yes, one, the beginning of all), shall NOT be
    treated in such manner, and CERTAINLY shall NOT PAY to be treated as such!
    In this world of expanding technologies, it shall be those with the
    GREATEST Customer Appeal that shall continue to be found worthwile in the
    publics' eyes (and pocketbooks) and shall grow to meet the demands of a
    growing world - ESPECIALLY in the Electronics Department!
    It is now my strongest desire that the Linksys Corporation suffers
    irreparable damage and goes out of business for their Crappy Customer
    Service! I can only hope that I reach enough people around the world to bring
    this desire true!

    Phil, Oct 18, 2008
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Ym9iaHBkeA==?=

    Phil, Oct 18, 2008
  11. =?Utf-8?B?Ym9iaHBkeA==?=

    Greg Guest

    cannot wirelessly connect

    I cannot wirelessly connect. I can hardwired though. Also I get the Zeor
    connection message everytime i try to view my wireless netowrks. Can you help
    me? I have a Dell Inspirion running XP Home

    Greg, Jun 7, 2009
  12. =?Utf-8?B?Ym9iaHBkeA==?=

    Greg Guest

    Cannot connect to wirless. Cannot even bring up view all connectio

    I cannot connect wirelessly and I cannot even view all connections to choose
    a ssid so what am I doing worng?

    Greg, Jun 7, 2009
  13. Re: Cannot connect to wirless. Cannot even bring up view all connectio

    Hi
    Maybe this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Jun 7, 2009
  14. =?Utf-8?B?Ym9iaHBkeA==?=

    Lem Guest

    Re: cannot wirelessly connect

    Greg wrote:
    > I cannot wirelessly connect. I can hardwired though. Also I get the Zeor
    > connection message everytime i try to view my wireless netowrks. Can you help
    > me? I have a Dell Inspirion running XP Home

    You'll have to do better than "I get the Zeor connection message" if you
    want any help.

    see:
    http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

    If you have an Inspiron laptop, try turning the wifi radio on: see your
    laptop User Guide for details (probably Fn+F2).

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Jun 7, 2009