    anyone any idea how to stop it from restartiing

    thanks

    gorf

    gorf, Jan 1, 2005

  2. gorf

    mAineAc Guest

    gorf wrote:
    > Hi I need help my windows xp wont shut down all it does is keep restarting
    >
    > anyone any idea how to stop it from restartiing
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > gorf

    pull the power cord?

    Really though, have you run updates? When did this start? You could go
    into the bios and make sure the APM support is selected if you have that
    option. What kind of a computer? Did you call the manufacturer? I know
    some compaqs have bugs like this and they have service packs for the
    problem. I would check at your computer makers website.

    mAineAc

    mAineAc, Jan 1, 2005

  3. gorf

    xhead Guest

    push and hold the start button till it goes off... 5 seconds

    xhead, Jan 1, 2005