    have found?
    Alternatively, is there some software that can I can use (shareware/demo?) to
    simply make a few 32 bit icons.

    frederick, May 28, 2004

  2. frederick

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "frederick" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Alternatively, is there some software that can I can use
    > (shareware/demo?) to simply make a few 32 bit icons.

    Have you tried Microangelo?
    I don't have url, but google should get it for you in a flash.
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, May 28, 2004

  3. frederick

    frederick Guest

    "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > "frederick" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Alternatively, is there some software that can I can use
    > > (shareware/demo?) to simply make a few 32 bit icons.
    > >

    > Have you tried Microangelo?
    > I don't have url, but google should get it for you in a flash.
    > Ciao, Dave

    Thanks.
    I have just d/l a 20 day trial of Icon Forge, which looks like it will do the
    trick:
    http://www.cursorarts.com/

    I had an old copy of Microangelo - but that didn't do 32 bit. Maybe new
    versions do.

    frederick, May 28, 2004
  4. frederick

    Steven H Guest

    On Fri, 28 May 2004 11:55:32 +1200, frederick wrote:

    > Alternatively, is there some software that can I can use (shareware/demo?) to
    > simply make a few 32 bit icons.

    http://www.vbaccelerator.com/home/NET/Utilities/Icon_Extractor/article.asp

    and you even get the source code

    Steven H, 3rd Year B.I.T. Otago Polytechnic

    ..net Geek

    Steven H, May 28, 2004
  5. frederick wrote:
    > In XP standard
    > icons can
    > look lousy - especially in the system tray

    The system tray has been limited to 16 colours for a long time. I think XP
    is the first edition of Windows to introduce true colour icons in the
    tray... perhaps they didn't bother updating a lot of their icons?

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, May 29, 2004