    Paul Woodsford
    Remove ****NOSPAMPLEASE**** to Reply

    ---

    Paul Woodsford, Feb 28, 2004

  2. Paul Woodsford

    pcbutts1 Guest

    No only one. Those icons represent the number of enable nic's on your
    system. One is for your USB Ethernet adapter and the other is for your
    built-in Ethernet adapter.

    "Paul Woodsford"
    <paul.woodsford****NOSPAMPLEASE****@***NOSPAM***virgin.***NOSPAM***net>
    wrote in message news:fJ70c.869$sh4.620@newsfe1-win...
    > have 2 PC's ( XP Home SP1) on a hardwired LAN.
    > The Host PC connects to the WWW via a USB Broadband modem ( Speedtouch

    330)

    pcbutts1, Feb 28, 2004

  3. Thanks for your help.

    I don't use the Client PC very often and thought I had missed something.

    --
    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    : No only one. Those icons represent the number of enable nic's on your
    : system. One is for your USB Ethernet adapter and the other is for your
    : built-in Ethernet adapter.
    :
    : --
    :
    :
    : The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    : Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
    :
    :
    :
    : "Paul Woodsford"
    : <paul.woodsford****NOSPAMPLEASE****@***NOSPAM***virgin.***NOSPAM***net>
    : wrote in message news:fJ70c.869$sh4.620@newsfe1-win...
    : > have 2 PC's ( XP Home SP1) on a hardwired LAN.
    : > The Host PC connects to the WWW via a USB Broadband modem ( Speedtouch
    : 330)
    : > I use ICS to let the client use this DSL connection.
    : > On the Host PC I have 2 Icons in the System Tray , 1 for the LAN and 1
    for
    : > the ADSL connection.
    : > On the Client PC I only have the LAN icon.
    : > Should I have a 2 nd Icon to control the ADSL connection?
    : >
    : > When I was using a 56K Dial Up Modem, before Broadband, I did have a 2nd
    : > Icon on the Client PC to Connect/Disconnect the Modem Connection.
    : >
    : >
    : > --
    : > Paul Woodsford