    to click to shut down the pop up. I got the other fixed but it still
    shows with an X on the tray.

    Help anyone, thanks.
    Why, Jun 23, 2005

  2. Why

    Phantom Guest

    Go to Network Connections on Control Panel and disable the connection not
    used. You can enable it later if you change your mind.

    Phantom, Jun 23, 2005

  3. Why

    Shep© Guest

    On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:14:47 GMT As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric Sheep
    and then Why <> wrote :

    >I heard there is a registry change that will do it.
    >My motherboard has two lan plug ins & I only use the gigabit one.
    >And I have the one I use set to not automatically connect so I get
    >this stupid pop up on the sys tray telling me it's not active & I have
    >to click to shut down the pop up. I got the other fixed but it still
    >shows with an X on the tray.
    >
    >Help anyone, thanks.

    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/reg/Disable_balloon_tips.reg

    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Shep©, Jun 23, 2005
  4. Why

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Cut and paste everything between the lines into notepad and save it as
    disableballoon.reg make sure you change the save as drop down box to all
    files. Once it is saved then double click on the saved file to merge it into
    the registry.

    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
    "EnableBalloonTips"=dword:00000000

    pcbutts1, Jun 23, 2005
  5. Why

    Guest

    Am Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:14:47 GMT schrieb Why:

    > I heard there is a registry change that will do it.
    > My motherboard has two lan plug ins & I only use the gigabit one.
    > And I have the one I use set to not automatically connect so I get
    > this stupid pop up on the sys tray telling me it's not active & I have
    > to click to shut down the pop up. I got the other fixed but it still
    > shows with an X on the tray.
    >
    > Help anyone, thanks.

    Download XP Antispy. There is an option to disable the balloon tips.
    , Jun 23, 2005
  6. Why

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Plagiarist ****.

    > 'Digital Security Video
    > 'Special thanks to pcbutts1
    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    'Kelly's Korner 2003
    'Special thanks to MVP Bill James

    --
    Trolling, for God's sake.
    pcbutts1, Jun 23, 2005
  7. Why

    Why Guest

    >Go to Network Connections on Control Panel and disable the connection not
    >used. You can enable it later if you change your mind.
    >"Why" <> wrote in message
    >>I heard there is a registry change that will do it.
    >> My motherboard has two lan plug ins & I only use the gigabit one.
    >> And I have the one I use set to not automatically connect so I get
    >> this stupid pop up on the sys tray telling me it's not active & I have
    >> to click to shut down the pop up. I got the other fixed but it still
    >> shows with an X on the tray.
    >>
    >> Help anyone, thanks.

    Did that but it keeps finding the other lan & setting it up.
    Why, Jun 23, 2005
  8. Why

    Why Guest

    >On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:14:47 GMT As Andoids Dreamed Of Electric Sheep
    >and then Why <> wrote :
    >
    >>I heard there is a registry change that will do it.
    >>My motherboard has two lan plug ins & I only use the gigabit one.
    >>And I have the one I use set to not automatically connect so I get
    >>this stupid pop up on the sys tray telling me it's not active & I have
    >>to click to shut down the pop up. I got the other fixed but it still
    >>shows with an X on the tray.
    >>
    >>Help anyone, thanks.

    >http://windowsxp.mvps.org/
    >http://windowsxp.mvps.org/reg/Disable_balloon_tips.reg
    >
    >HTH :)

    Thank you very much, that worked.
    Why, Jun 23, 2005
  9. Why

    Why Guest

    Why, Jun 23, 2005
  10. Why

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Could be Spyware trying to hijack you. Download, install, update and run all
    of the following.

    Ad-Aware

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
    it can be analyzed.

    HijackThis

    The moron

    pcbutts1, Jun 23, 2005
  11. Why

    Mike Guest

    On this great day..Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:29:41 -0700, "pcbutts1"
    <> wrote:

    ><Could be Spyware trying to hijack you. Download, install, update and run all
    ><of the following.
    ><
    ><Ad-Aware
    ><http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
    ><
    ><Spybot search and destroy
    ><http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
    ><
    ><Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)
    ><http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    ><
    ><If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run it, save
    ><a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to the group so that
    ><it can be analyzed.
    ><
    ><HijackThis
    ><http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
    ><
    ><--
    ><
    ><The moron
    ><
    ><
    ><
    ><pcbutts1 wrote:
    ><> pcbutts1 wrote:
    ><>> Cut and paste everything between the lines into notepad and save it
    ><>> as
    ><>
    ><> Plagiarist ****.
    ><>
    ><>> 'Digital Security Video
    ><>> 'Special thanks to pcbutts1
    ><>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ><>
    ><> 'Kelly's Korner 2003
    ><> 'Special thanks to MVP Bill James
    ><
    ><

    You gotta stop this .... my sides are bustin and I cant stop cryin !

    Mike

    Pullout "stop" to reply by email
    Mike, Jun 23, 2005
  12. Why

    pcbutts1, Jun 23, 2005
  13. Why

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You worthless troll, stop forging me!

    pcbutts1, Jun 23, 2005
  14. Why

    pcbutts1, Jun 23, 2005
  15. Why

    pcbutts1, Jun 23, 2005
  16. Why

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Mike <> wrote:

    > On this great day..Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:29:41 -0700, "pcbutts1"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> <Could be Spyware trying to hijack you. Download, install, update
    >> and run all <of the following.
    >> <
    >> <Ad-Aware
    >> <http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
    >> <
    >> <Spybot search and destroy
    >> <http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/
    >> <
    >> <Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)
    >> <http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
    >> <
    >> <If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run
    >> it, save <a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to
    >> the group so that <it can be analyzed.
    >> <
    >> <HijackThis
    >> <http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html
    >> <
    >> <--
    >> <
    >> <The moron
    >> <
    >> <
    >> <
    >> <pcbutts1 wrote:
    >> <> pcbutts1 wrote:
    >> <>> Cut and paste everything between the lines into notepad and save
    >> it <>> as
    >> <>
    >> <> Plagiarist ****.
    >> <>
    >> <>> 'Digital Security Video
    >> <>> 'Special thanks to pcbutts1
    >> <>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >> <>
    >> <> 'Kelly's Korner 2003
    >> <> 'Special thanks to MVP Bill James
    >> <
    >> <

    > You gotta stop this .... my sides are bustin and I cant stop cryin !
    >
    > Pullout "stop" to reply by email

    Laugh at that. It's hilarious.
    pcbutts1, Jun 24, 2005
  17. Why