    Then only way i can see, is going into each folder and manually changing to
    detail view.

    I tried google but not much info there.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Sep 18, 2005

  2. news.xtra.co.nz

    E. Scrooge Guest

    Re: how to change multiple folders to detail view

    "news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote in message
    > Is there anyway in xp, to change teh default view for multiple folders to
    > the detail view?
    >
    > Then only way i can see, is going into each folder and manually changing
    > to detail view.
    >
    > I tried google but not much info there.

    In the Control Panel you'll find folder options.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Sep 18, 2005

  3. news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > Is there anyway in xp, to change teh default view for multiple folders to
    > the detail view?
    >
    > Then only way i can see, is going into each folder and manually changing to
    > detail view.
    >
    > I tried google but not much info there.

    Set up a folder displaying how you want, in explorer, go tools options view and
    select apply to all folders.

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, Sep 18, 2005
  4. "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    > news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >> Is there anyway in xp, to change teh default view for multiple folders to
    >> the detail view?
    >>
    >> Then only way i can see, is going into each folder and manually changing
    >> to detail view.
    >>
    >> I tried google but not much info there.

    > Set up a folder displaying how you want, in explorer, go tools options
    > view and select apply to all folders.
    >
    > --

    That does to every folder in the system - I only wanted to change the
    default view in "my pictures " folder.

    It does not seem possible so far but thanks.

    news.xtra.co.nz, Sep 18, 2005
  5. Re: how to change multiple folders to detail view

    > "news.xtra.co.nz" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there anyway in xp, to change teh default view for multiple folders to
    >> the detail view?
    >>
    >> Then only way i can see, is going into each folder and manually changing
    >> to detail view.
    >>
    >> I tried google but not much info there.

    > In the Control Panel you'll find folder options.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Yes, but , what do you do?

    news.xtra.co.nz, Sep 18, 2005
  6. news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is there anyway in xp, to change teh default view for multiple folders to
    >>>the detail view?
    >>>
    >>>Then only way i can see, is going into each folder and manually changing
    >>>to detail view.
    >>>
    >>>I tried google but not much info there.

    >>Set up a folder displaying how you want, in explorer, go tools options
    >>view and select apply to all folders.
    >>
    >>--

    > That does to every folder in the system - I only wanted to change the
    > default view in "my pictures " folder.
    >
    > It does not seem possible so far but thanks.

    Okay if its just one folders default view then it is still possible I will just
    have to have a look to see which option you change. But you could try turning
    on show hidden files and editing the desktop (I think) ini file in the My
    Pictures folder which is what controls its display

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, Sep 18, 2005
  7. news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >>
    >>>Is there anyway in xp, to change teh default view for multiple folders to
    >>>the detail view?
    >>>
    >>>Then only way i can see, is going into each folder and manually changing
    >>>to detail view.
    >>>
    >>>I tried google but not much info there.

    >>Set up a folder displaying how you want, in explorer, go tools options
    >>view and select apply to all folders.
    >>
    >>--

    > That does to every folder in the system - I only wanted to change the
    > default view in "my pictures " folder.
    >
    > It does not seem possible so far but thanks.

    Same method (with out apply to all folders) but in the radio button options see
    down the bottom where it has "Remember Each Folders Settings"

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, Sep 18, 2005