    wireless adapters but still the same problem. Other xp laptops can connect to
    the router but I can't ever since I upgraded to xp home. I don't know what
    the problem is. Any suggestions?
    =?Utf-8?B?Y3VnaW5v?=, Jun 20, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Y3VnaW5v?=

    Clark Guest

    Just for my information, since it doesn't seem to be mentioned much, do you
    show an 802.1x capability on your router? Do you show that being enabled on
    your wireless card? I have no information as to whether this would affect
    your connection, or what type of message you would get if it was, but you
    might check. My router doesn't have that capability so I can't check for
    myself.

    Other than that, do you have the SSID of your router set in broadcast mode?
    Have you updated the driver/firmware for the Linksys card? If you look at
    the wireless connection, do you show an IP address being assigned by either
    private or manual (details area on lower left)?

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 20, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3VnaW5v?=, Jun 21, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Y3VnaW5v?=

    Ted Guest

    "cugino" <> wrote in message
    >I have a laptop that had windows 98 on it, and a linksys wpc54g wireless
    > network adapter and everything worked fine then. When I upgraded to
    > windows
    > xp home sp/2 I could no longer connect. I have configured everything
    > correctly but still it can't see any wireless networks. I've tried
    > disabling
    > WCZ and just using the third party program but no luck. I've tried just
    > using
    > the WCZ but no luck. I tried using both. I have even bought different
    > wireless adapters but still the same problem. Other xp laptops can connect
    > the router but I can't ever since I upgraded to xp home. I don't know
    > what
    > the problem is. Any suggestions?

    Did you check for the latest XP driver for your wireless adapter? Check
    Linksys or even Windows Update.
    Ted
    Ted, Jun 21, 2005
  5. All drivers are updated and windows updates have been installed. Still no luck

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3VnaW5v?=, Jun 22, 2005