    install...

    Anyone know why ?

    Its a 'proper' full price not pirated XP Home CD by the way...

    ADVID, Jun 15, 2007

  2. ADVID

    PeeCee Guest

    "ADVID" <> wrote in message
    news:46724977$0$30323$...
    > .....I'm selling my old (512ram - Athlon 2.2) PC and decided to do a
    > complete re-format/re-install of Win XP home..... no probs all went well
    > until I downloaded SP2 to a CD (from another PC) and tried to install on
    > the old PC.... about 2/3 rds through it just gave me something about
    > unable to install - abort - cancel - retry.... just had to abort without
    > full install...
    >
    > Anyone know why ?
    >
    > Its a 'proper' full price not pirated XP Home CD by the way...

    Advid

    "re-install of Win XP home..... no probs all went well "
    So that part is all ok, shouldn't think the source of your 'A/C/R' lies
    here.

    "downloaded SP2 to a CD (from another PC)" + "about 2/3 rds through it just
    gave me something about unable to
    install - abort - cancel - retry.... "

    Now I don't know about you but that tells me there is something wrong with
    your SP2 CD!

    Have you tried getting another copy or downloading it direct from MS?

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jun 15, 2007

  3. ADVID

    George Guest

    ADVID wrote:
    > .....I'm selling my old (512ram - Athlon 2.2) PC and decided to do a
    > complete re-format/re-install of Win XP home..... no probs all went
    > well until I downloaded SP2 to a CD (from another PC) and tried to
    > install on the old PC.... about 2/3 rds through it just gave me
    > something about unable to install - abort - cancel - retry.... just
    > had to abort without full install...
    >
    > Anyone know why ?
    >
    > Its a 'proper' full price not pirated XP Home CD by the way...

    Here's my 2 cents. Some motherboards won't accept SP2. I have a soyo
    that wouldn't let SP2 install. I have since flashed the bios and it
    might take it now, but I have a lot of programs added that just ain't
    worth trying SP2 again. You should download SP2 from microsucks but I
    doubt there's anything wrong with the copy you tried to use. SP2 is a
    good thing when it works, but you certainly aren't the first one to have
    troubles trying to get it to install.

    George, Jun 15, 2007
  4. ADVID <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<46724977$0$30323$>:

    > .....I'm selling my old (512ram - Athlon 2.2) PC and decided to do a
    > complete re-format/re-install of Win XP home..... no probs all went

    well
    > until I downloaded SP2 to a CD (from another PC) and tried to install

    on the
    > old PC.... about 2/3 rds through it just gave me something about

    unable to
    > install - abort - cancel - retry.... just had to abort without full
    > install...
    >
    > Anyone know why ?
    >
    > Its a 'proper' full price not pirated XP Home CD by the way...

    Suuuuuuuuure it is :)

    Try disabling all your AV softwarz you has running first?

    HTH

    §ñühw¤£f, Jun 15, 2007