    computer sign-on, like with an ordinary network?
    Thanks for any help
    Paul

    =?Utf-8?B?Wm5lZXQ=?=, Sep 15, 2005

  2. XP Home does not support Remote Desktop. However, you can easily enable
    file and printer sharing between two XP Home machines with your your current
    setup:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813936/

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    "Zneet" <> wrote in message
    > I've just installed a Neatgear DG834G asdl/router.
    > I have a desktop and a laptop connected wirelessly to it.
    > I was wondering if it is possible to remote desktop between the two?
    > Or do I have to be networked differently with XPHome, and actually have

    each

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Sep 15, 2005

  3. Then why under Accessories/Communications, is there an icon for Remote Desktop
    that brings up a connection window?

    =?Utf-8?B?Wm5lZXQ=?=, Sep 15, 2005
  4. Because Home can remote 'into' a computer (be the client) but not be remoted
    into from another computer (be the server). You would need to install Pro on
    the machine that you want to act as a server for remote connections. Unless
    you have some reason to actually execute applications one machine while
    sitting at the other, file and print sharing will let you have access to the
    files and printers on each machine. If you need to remotely run applications
    on the other machine and can't install Pro on that machine, you can try
    UltraVNC or TightVNC.
    --
    Nill

    =?Utf-8?B?TmlsbA==?=, Sep 15, 2005
  5. Thank you Nill
    Would RealVNC work? as I doo need to run apps
    Paul

    =?Utf-8?B?Wm5lZXQ=?=, Sep 15, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Wm5lZXQ=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/vnc.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Sep 15, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Wm5lZXQ=?=

    Greg Guest

    "Doug Sherman [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > XP Home does not support Remote Desktop. However, you can easily enable
    > file and printer sharing between two XP Home machines with your your
    > current
    > setup:

    Wonder if Remote Assistance would do? Eg, it gives you a session over which
    you can control the other computer. A bit fiddly but I have done it between
    2 XP Home users over a network when needed.

    Greg, Sep 18, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Wm5lZXQ=?=

    Greg Guest

    "Nill" <> wrote in message
    > Because Home can remote 'into' a computer (be the client) but not be
    > remoted
    > into from another computer (be the server). You would need to install Pro
    > on
    > the machine that you want to act as a server for remote connections.
    > Unless
    > you have some reason to actually execute applications one machine while
    > sitting at the other, file and print sharing will let you have access to
    > the
    > files and printers on each machine. If you need to remotely run
    > applications
    > on the other machine and can't install Pro on that machine, you can try
    > UltraVNC or TightVNC.

    .....also PC Anywhere if you have it.

    Greg, Sep 18, 2005