    Vince Slevin Guest

    How do you use the Windows XP preinstallation kit? I will need to use it
    when I sell computers. Thanks.
    Vince Slevin, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Vince Slevin

    Thor Guest

    I just posted the links with the answer to this yesterday in another thread
    titled "when selling an XP computer".

    Thor, Feb 8, 2004

  3. Vince Slevin

    Vince Slevin Guest

    You didn't post a link or say how to use it.

    Vince Slevin, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Vince Slevin

    Thor Guest

    > You didn't post a link or say how to use it.

    I most certainly did. It was posted on Feb. 6 in reply to "gg pynadnaski".
    The full message with the links I mentioned are pasted below. They fully
    describe it's usage.

    http://tinyurl.com/37o4e

    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/platform/pcdesign/install/OPK.mspx

    "gg pynadnaski" <> wrote in message
    > How would one use this "preinstall kit" that this Thor guy is mentioning.
    > Thanks.
    > "Thor" <> wrote in message
    > > AFAIK, the preinstall kit just allows you to set up the install for

    later
    > > completion by the end user. You still need the OEM Windows CD (in fact

    the
    > > OEM preinstall kit might be included on the OEM CD). As for how you use

    > the
    > > preinstall kit, follow the documentation that accompanies it.
    > >

    > > ..
    > > "gg pynadnaski" <> wrote in message
    > > > I've seen those for as little as $5. Do you also need the OEM CD? How

    > > would
    > > > you use the preinstall CD? Thanks.
    > > > "Thor" <> wrote in message

    you
    > > > set

    > end-user

    install
    > > some

    the

    > > installation,

    this?

    Thor, Feb 9, 2004
  5. Vince Slevin

    Vince Slevin Guest

    Thanks for the links. I looked back at that thread and you didn't post any
    links, or if you did my computers ot showing them. It shows that you posted
    these two messages:

    You need the OEM preinstall kit from Microsoft. This should allow you to set
    up and configure the installation then set the unit up for the end-user
    validation/activation.

    AFAIK, the preinstall kit just allows you to set up the install for later
    completion by the end user. You still need the OEM Windows CD (in fact the
    OEM preinstall kit might be included on the OEM CD). As for how you use the
    preinstall kit, follow the documentation that accompanies it.

    Below your writing was just what gg pndanski wrote. Maybe you posted another
    one that I never got somehow. Thanks for the links.

    Vince Slevin, Feb 9, 2004
  6. Vince Slevin

    Vince Slevin Guest

    Does it format the hard drive?

    Vince Slevin, Feb 9, 2004
  7. Vince Slevin

    Thor Guest

    > Thanks for the links. I looked back at that thread and you didn't post any
    > links, or if you did my computers ot showing them. It shows that you

    posted
    > these two messages:
    >
    > You need the OEM preinstall kit from Microsoft. This should allow you to

    set
    > up and configure the installation then set the unit up for the end-user
    > validation/activation.
    >
    > AFAIK, the preinstall kit just allows you to set up the install for later
    > completion by the end user. You still need the OEM Windows CD (in fact the
    > OEM preinstall kit might be included on the OEM CD). As for how you use

    the
    > preinstall kit, follow the documentation that accompanies it.
    >

    > Below your writing was just what gg pndanski wrote. Maybe you posted

    another
    > one that I never got somehow. Thanks for the links.

    The post in question showed up on my server, and it's on Google. Both had
    the links. I think your server just didn't get that post. I posted three
    times in that thread. Whatever, glad the info was helpful.

    http://tinyurl.com/ywpl5
    Thor, Feb 9, 2004
  8. Vince Slevin

    Thor Guest

    > Does it format the hard drive?

    I think that happens automatically when the image is put on the destination
    computer. The OPK CD has detailed instructions for deployment.
    Thor, Feb 9, 2004
  9. Vince Slevin

    Vince Slevin Guest

    Thanks