    having access problems if there is anyone that can help it would be much
    appreciated.

    Thank you,

    tnwycked, Jul 23, 2004

  2. tnwycked

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "tnwycked" <> wrote in news:UHgMc.8046$AF6.6169
    @fe1.columbus.rr.com:

    > Im trying to setup a wireless home network using a linksys router but am
    > having access problems if there is anyone that can help it would be much
    > appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you,

    I use a Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router. What kind of access problems are
    you having?

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 24, 2004

  3. tnwycked

    tnwycked Guest

    "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > "tnwycked" <> wrote in news:UHgMc.8046$AF6.6169
    > @fe1.columbus.rr.com:
    >
    > > Im trying to setup a wireless home network using a linksys router but am
    > > having access problems if there is anyone that can help it would be much
    > > appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thank you,
    > >

    > I use a Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router. What kind of access problems are
    > you having?
    >
    > Duane :)

    Thanks for you offer of help

    Im using the same router you are and the other 2 computers use a wireless
    network adapter card, the other a usb adapter all linksys and here is whats
    happening... My sys is the main one with the internet connection(cable), I
    can access everything on the 2 other computers but they cannot access
    anything on mine, I have printer and a few other folders shared but anytime
    they try to access my computer it pops up a log on box with my pc name/guest
    on it instead of allowing them to use their sign on names or even use my
    admin log on and pass, but they can access the internet from the other
    computers. And when they try to add my printer it tells them its not
    connected. Im at loss on what the problem is or could be...

    tnwycked

    tnwycked, Jul 24, 2004
  4. tnwycked

    > "tnwycked" <> wrote in
    >

    > > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > >> "tnwycked" <> wrote in news:UHgMc.8046$AF6.6169
    > >> @fe1.columbus.rr.com:

    > >> I use a Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router. What kind of access
    > >> problems are you having?
    > >>
    > >> Duane :)

    > > Thanks for you offer of help
    > >
    > > Im using the same router you are and the other 2 computers use a
    > > wireless network adapter card, the other a usb adapter all linksys and
    > > here is whats happening... My sys is the main one with the internet
    > > connection(cable), I can access everything on the 2 other computers
    > > but they cannot access anything on mine, I have printer and a few
    > > other folders shared but anytime they try to access my computer it
    > > pops up a log on box with my pc name/guest on it instead of allowing
    > > them to use their sign on names or even use my admin log on and pass,
    > > but they can access the internet from the other computers. And when
    > > they try to add my printer it tells them its not connected. Im at loss
    > > on what the problem is or could be...
    > >
    > > tnwycked
    > >

    > What are the O/S(s) being used on all the computers on the network?
    >
    > Duane :)

    Oops sorry I forgot to add that little bit of info..
    All pc's are using win xp pro

    tnwycked

    tnwycked, Jul 24, 2004
  5. tnwycked

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Duane Arnold, Jul 24, 2004
  6. tnwycked

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "tnwycked" <> wrote in

    > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    >> "tnwycked" <> wrote in
    >>

    >> > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message

    >> > Thanks for you offer of help
    >> >
    >> > Im using the same router you are and the other 2 computers use a
    >> > wireless network adapter card, the other a usb adapter all linksys
    >> > and here is whats happening... My sys is the main one with the
    >> > internet connection(cable), I can access everything on the 2 other
    >> > computers but they cannot access anything on mine, I have printer
    >> > and a few other folders shared but anytime they try to access my
    >> > computer it pops up a log on box with my pc name/guest on it
    >> > instead of allowing them to use their sign on names or even use my
    >> > admin log on and pass, but they can access the internet from the
    >> > other computers. And when they try to add my printer it tells them
    >> > its not connected. Im at loss on what the problem is or could be...
    >> >
    >> > tnwycked
    >> >

    >> What are the O/S(s) being used on all the computers on the network?
    >>
    >> Duane :)

    > Oops sorry I forgot to add that little bit of info..
    > All pc's are using win xp pro
    >
    > tnwycked

    I'll assume you have told the O/S to *Share* the printer.

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/printersha
    re.mspx

    You should use Authenticated Users on all Shares. What that means to you
    is that you create User Accounts on your machine that match the User-ID
    that the users will use on the other machines when they login on them.

    For me, the user-id and psw on all my machines are the same and the psw
    is set to *Never Expire*. What this does for me is when I access a share
    on another machine, the account being used is the same on both machines
    and it never stops to ask for user-id and psw.

    I don't think you'll want to do that and you'll have play with the
    accounts for the PSW. You should limit the other users to only accessing
    the *shares* and nothing else.

    Take note on the Authenticated Users account being used on shares in
    being explained in the links.

    http://www.stanford.edu/dept/itss/services/securecomputing/xp.html

    You may want to implement some of the other security tips to secure the
    XP O/S(s).

    http://www.uksecurityonline.com/husdg/windowsxp/wxpp2.php

    I also use IPsec that on the O/S to secure the LAN *take note* on the
    Windows Networking Ports.

    http://www.petri.co.il/block_ping_traffic_with_ipsec.htm

    You should secure the wireless.

    http://netsecurity.about.com/od/hackertools/a/aa072004b_2.htm

    If you're still having problems on the sharing, post back and someone
    will help you.

    HTH

    Good luck

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 24, 2004
  7. tnwycked

    > "tnwycked" <> wrote in
    >

    > > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    > >> "tnwycked" <> wrote in

    > >> What are the O/S(s) being used on all the computers on the network?
    > >>
    > >> Duane :)

    > > Oops sorry I forgot to add that little bit of info..
    > > All pc's are using win xp pro
    > >
    > > tnwycked
    > >

    > I'll assume you have told the O/S to *Share* the printer.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/printersha
    > re.mspx
    >
    > You should use Authenticated Users on all Shares. What that means to you
    > is that you create User Accounts on your machine that match the User-ID
    > that the users will use on the other machines when they login on them.
    >
    > For me, the user-id and psw on all my machines are the same and the psw
    > is set to *Never Expire*. What this does for me is when I access a share
    > on another machine, the account being used is the same on both machines
    > and it never stops to ask for user-id and psw.
    >
    > I don't think you'll want to do that and you'll have play with the
    > accounts for the PSW. You should limit the other users to only accessing
    > the *shares* and nothing else.
    >
    > Take note on the Authenticated Users account being used on shares in
    > being explained in the links.
    >

    > http://www.stanford.edu/dept/itss/services/securecomputing/xp.html
    >
    > You may want to implement some of the other security tips to secure the
    > XP O/S(s).
    >
    > http://www.uksecurityonline.com/husdg/windowsxp/wxpp2.php
    >
    > I also use IPsec that on the O/S to secure the LAN *take note* on the
    > Windows Networking Ports.
    >
    > http://www.petri.co.il/block_ping_traffic_with_ipsec.htm
    > http://www.analogx.com/contents/articles/ipsec.htm
    >
    > You should secure the wireless.
    >
    > http://netsecurity.about.com/od/hackertools/a/aa072004b_2.htm
    >

    > If you're still having problems on the sharing, post back and someone
    > will help you.
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Duane :)

    Thank you for the help, I had user profiles added, but went back and
    double checked all spelling, caps, ect... Still couldnt figure out the
    problem, so i just removed my whole network and re-added it. Right now
    everything seems to be working. The security tips in the link were
    appreciated, some i had already in effect but there were several others that
    I hadnt thought of or heard of.

    Thank you much for your time and help
    tnwycked

    tnwycked, Jul 25, 2004
  8. tnwycked

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "tnwycked" <> wrote in

    > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message
    >> "tnwycked" <> wrote in
    >>

    >> > "Duane Arnold" <> wrote in message

    >> > Oops sorry I forgot to add that little bit of info..
    >> > All pc's are using win xp pro
    >> >
    >> > tnwycked
    >> >

    >> I'll assume you have told the O/S to *Share* the printer.
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/printer
    >> sha re.mspx
    >>
    >> You should use Authenticated Users on all Shares. What that means to
    >> you is that you create User Accounts on your machine that match the
    >> User-ID that the users will use on the other machines when they login
    >> on them.
    >>
    >> For me, the user-id and psw on all my machines are the same and the
    >> psw is set to *Never Expire*. What this does for me is when I access
    >> a share on another machine, the account being used is the same on
    >> both machines and it never stops to ask for user-id and psw.
    >>
    >> I don't think you'll want to do that and you'll have play with the
    >> accounts for the PSW. You should limit the other users to only
    >> accessing the *shares* and nothing else.
    >>
    >> Take note on the Authenticated Users account being used on shares in
    >> being explained in the links.
    >>

    >> http://www.stanford.edu/dept/itss/services/securecomputing/xp.html
    >>
    >> You may want to implement some of the other security tips to secure
    >> the XP O/S(s).
    >>
    >> http://www.uksecurityonline.com/husdg/windowsxp/wxpp2.php
    >>
    >> I also use IPsec that on the O/S to secure the LAN *take note* on the
    >> Windows Networking Ports.
    >>
    >> http://www.petri.co.il/block_ping_traffic_with_ipsec.htm
    >> http://www.analogx.com/contents/articles/ipsec.htm
    >>
    >> You should secure the wireless.
    >>
    >> http://netsecurity.about.com/od/hackertools/a/aa072004b_2.htm
    >>

    >> If you're still having problems on the sharing, post back and someone
    >> will help you.
    >>
    >> HTH
    >>
    >> Good luck
    >>
    >> Duane :)
    >>

    > Thank you for the help, I had user profiles added, but went back and
    > double checked all spelling, caps, ect... Still couldnt figure out the
    > problem, so i just removed my whole network and re-added it. Right
    > now everything seems to be working. The security tips in the link were
    > appreciated, some i had already in effect but there were several
    > others that I hadnt thought of or heard of.
    >
    > Thank you much for your time and help
    > tnwycked

    You are welcome.

    Duane :)