    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Mar 2, 2004

  2. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Rider Guest

    "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in
    message news:m4R0c.7498$...
    > Can someone with XP home confirm this for me?
    >
    > http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak298.aspx
    >
    > "To enable "Advanced" security permissions in XP Home simply boot into
    > safe mode, rt-click any file or folder, and now you will have the
    > "Security" tab - just as in XP Pro! Simply make your changes and reboot
    > into normal mode. This is very useful when you have 'limited' users on
    > your computer and they are unable to run certain applications as a
    > limited user - you can simply boot into safe mode, change the
    > permissions according to each user, and reboot! The advanced tab is even
    > there that will give you even more permission options such as
    > inheritance, etc."
    > --

    Its on the internet, it must be true LOL

    Rider

    Rider, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Rider wrote:
    >>Can someone with XP home confirm this for me?
    >>http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak298.aspx

    > Its on the internet, it must be true LOL

    thanks.../sarcasm
    it's just I dont have XP home so I can't try it.

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Mar 2, 2004
  4. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Rider Guest

    "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in
    message news:WG51c.8335$...
    > Rider wrote:
    > >>Can someone with XP home confirm this for me?
    > >>http://www.tweakxp.com/tweak298.aspx

    > > Its on the internet, it must be true LOL

    > thanks.../sarcasm
    > it's just I dont have XP home so I can't try it.

    I'll give it a go on a pc here a bit later on, let you know.

    Rider, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Rider wrote:

    >>>Its on the internet, it must be true LOL

    >>thanks.../sarcasm
    >>it's just I dont have XP home so I can't try it.

    > I'll give it a go on a pc here a bit later on, let you know.

    thanks, I dont know what use it would be... XP Home is still kinda
    limited for what I would use it for, but still, handy if it works.

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Mar 2, 2004
  6. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Rider Guest

    "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in
    message news:a_51c.8355$...

    > >>thanks.../sarcasm
    > >>it's just I dont have XP home so I can't try it.

    > > I'll give it a go on a pc here a bit later on, let you know.

    > thanks, I dont know what use it would be... XP Home is still kinda
    > limited for what I would use it for, but still, handy if it works.

    Yep, it works. XP Home stand alone computer, one user no login password etc.
    You can allow or deny as per usual on the security tab. Created a folder,
    then denied access to everyone, rebooted and sure enough .... it told me to
    bugger off.

    This could be fun if you did that to the Windows folder eh LOL (runs
    off to try it)

    Rider

    Rider, Mar 2, 2004
  7. Rider wrote:

    > Yep, it works. XP Home stand alone computer, one user no login password etc.
    > You can allow or deny as per usual on the security tab. Created a folder,
    > then denied access to everyone, rebooted and sure enough .... it told me to
    > bugger off.
    >
    > This could be fun if you did that to the Windows folder eh LOL (runs
    > off to try it)

    Cool.

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Mar 2, 2004
  8. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Rider Guest

    "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in
    message news:0B71c.73$...

    > > Yep, it works. XP Home stand alone computer, one user no login password

    etc.
    > > You can allow or deny as per usual on the security tab. Created a

    folder,
    > > then denied access to everyone, rebooted and sure enough .... it told me

    > > bugger off.
    > >
    > > This could be fun if you did that to the Windows folder eh LOL

    (runs
    > > off to try it)

    > Cool.

    Bugger, turning off access to the windows folder doesnt stop the machine
    from working :-( Ya just can't open the folder.

    Rider

    Rider, Mar 2, 2004
  9. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Steven H Guest

    On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:15:09 +1300, Rider wrote:

    > "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in
    > message news:0B71c.73$...

    >>> Yep, it works. XP Home stand alone computer, one user no login password

    > etc.
    >>> You can allow or deny as per usual on the security tab. Created a

    > folder,
    >>> then denied access to everyone, rebooted and sure enough .... it told me

    >>> bugger off.
    >>>
    >>> This could be fun if you did that to the Windows folder eh LOL

    > (runs
    >>> off to try it)

    >> Cool.
    >>

    > Bugger, turning off access to the windows folder doesnt stop the machine
    > from working :-( Ya just can't open the folder.
    >
    > Rider

    lol - YOU cant access it - but the OS (resides under SYSTEM) can.

    just for kicks deny SYSTEM access to Windows/..

    Steven H - B.I.T. Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin, New Zealand
    ..net Geek

    Steven H, Mar 2, 2004
  10. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Rider Guest

    > > Bugger, turning off access to the windows folder doesnt stop the machine
    > > from working :-( Ya just can't open the folder.
    > >
    > > Rider

    > lol - YOU cant access it - but the OS (resides under SYSTEM) can.
    >
    > just for kicks deny SYSTEM access to Windows/..

    I did .... it still booted into windows. :-(

    Rider, Mar 2, 2004
  11. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Steven H Guest

    On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:16:00 +1300, Rider wrote:

    >>> Bugger, turning off access to the windows folder doesnt stop the machine
    >>> from working :-( Ya just can't open the folder.
    >>>
    >>> Rider

    >> lol - YOU cant access it - but the OS (resides under SYSTEM) can.
    >>
    >> just for kicks deny SYSTEM access to Windows/..
    >>

    > I did .... it still booted into windows. :-(

    hmmmm - windows must have some super secret account to ensure it can do its
    stuff

    Steven H, Mar 2, 2004
  12. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz

    Rider Guest

    "Steven H" < - wont work anyway ;)> wrote in
    message news:p...

    machine

    > >> lol - YOU cant access it - but the OS (resides under SYSTEM) can.
    > >>
    > >> just for kicks deny SYSTEM access to Windows/..
    > >>

    > > I did .... it still booted into windows. :-(

    > hmmmm - windows must have some super secret account to ensure it can do

    its
    > stuff
    > --

    Atleast end users wouldnt be able to fidlle around in their systems folders
    :)

    Rider

    Rider, Mar 2, 2004