    use 32 bit drivers in XP 64 bit ?

    Looking forward to your support, I offer you my best regards.

    Fabien Voland

    Fabien Voland, Jan 28, 2009

  2. 64 bit, so make sure that you check drivers are available before
    installation! If possible, download them beforehand and burn them to a CD
    or DVD. One of the commonest requests for help is for NIC drivers without
    which the PC cannot get other drivers, updates etc etc!
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
    www.coribright.com/windows

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Jan 28, 2009

  3. There is no 64-bit XP Home. Windows XP Pro x64 is the only
    version, and, yes, the drivers MUST be 64-bit for the Win
    x64 system. 32-bit drivers will not work!

    Bobby Johnson, Jan 28, 2009
  4. As Bobby says, there is no Home version of XP that is 64-bit. There was only
    an OEM XP Professional x64 Edition. Drivers must be 64-bit, and at this
    point if you can't find a driver for something, your chances are not good
    that one will be available later. Most companies have focused their 64-bit
    drivers around Vista 64-bit. (There are, btw, both Home Basic and Home
    Premium versions of Windows Vista 64bit. )

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 29, 2009