    Thanks!!!!!!!!
    Brian

    , Oct 31, 2005

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi! I'm having a problem with one of my hard drives that I was hoping
    > someone could help me with. Last week, one of my hard drives (the
    > master with the OS installed on it) died. So, I replaced it with a
    > Seagate 120GB drive and installed XP on it. The slave drive, a 120GB
    > Western Digital, worked fine as the slave prior to the incident. Now,
    > though, I can't seem to get Windows to recognize it. I was assuming
    > it would automatically recognize it and make it the "F" drive but it
    > hasn't. It does show up under Device Manager, though, which says that
    > it's working properly. Any ideas??
    >
    > Thanks!!!!!!!!
    > Brian

    Assign it a drive name:

    Rightclick My Computer, select "Manage". Find "Disk Managment" on the left
    and click on it. Find the new drive on the right, right-click on it, and
    select "Change drive letter and paths".

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 31, 2005

  3. Guest

    Thanks for the advice. I was just getting ready to post saying to
    ignore my request for help. I found the problem - the drive had been
    configured as Dynamic, so I had to Import it under Disk Management.

    Thanks again!

    , Oct 31, 2005