    1. Advertising

  2. Woger

    trueone Guest

    trueone, Mar 29, 2009

  3. In message <gqok4g$n5v$>, Your Name wrote:

    > XP will be around for years more yet, whether Microsloth like it or not...

    All it would take is one little glitch with the WGA servers to bring them
    all to their knees.

    > ... XP is still being pre-installed on many brand new "netbook" computers
    > because Vista is such a pig.

    What kind of support are they going to get?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 29, 2009
  4. Woger

    Malcolm Guest

    On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:03:08 +1200
    "Your Name" <> wrote:

    > "trueone" <> wrote in message
    > > "Woger" <> wrote in message
    > > >

    > http://www.informationweek.com/news/windows/operatingsystems/showArticle.jht
    > ml?articleID=215900315
    > >
    > > get ubuntu linux just for you.

    > Nah! Too fiddly. Buy a Mac and "it just works". :)
    >
    > XP will be around for years more yet, whether Microsloth like it or
    > not ... XP is still being pre-installed on many brand new "netbook"
    > computers because Vista is such a pig.

    Hi
    Yup, this netbook came with XP Home which now resides on a small
    partition :) I need to look at trying windows 7 on it at some stage I
    guess.

    One wonders though, how does one get on purchasing a computer with I
    guess technically has an obsolete operating system?

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    openSUSE 11.1 (i586) Kernel 2.6.27.19-3.2-pae

    Malcolm, Mar 29, 2009
  5. Woger

    Your Name Guest

    Your Name, Mar 29, 2009
  6. Woger

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Your Name wrote:
    > "trueone" <> wrote in message
    >> "Woger" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    > http://www.informationweek.com/news/windows/operatingsystems/showArticle.jht
    > ml?articleID=215900315
    >>
    >> get ubuntu linux just for you.

    > Nah! Too fiddly. Buy a Mac and "it just works". :)
    >
    > XP will be around for years more yet, whether Microsloth like it or
    > not ... XP is still being pre-installed on many brand new "netbook"
    > computers because Vista is such a pig.

    .... and will be for many months. Microsoft have just extended the deadline
    for XP (Home) for netbooks *again*. They are seriously worried they'll lose
    the 'light and fast' (at least compared with Vista, and 7 is based on Vista
    even though it's supposed to be 'optimised') market to Linux.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Mar 29, 2009
  7. Woger

    Woger Guest

    On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:35:22 +1300, "Trueone" <> wrote:

    >"Your Name" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "trueone" <> wrote in message
    >>> "Woger" <> wrote in message
    >>> >

    >> http://www.informationweek.com/news/windows/operatingsystems/showArticle.jht
    >> ml?articleID=215900315
    >>>
    >>> get ubuntu linux just for you.

    >> Nah! Too fiddly. Buy a Mac and "it just works". :)
    >>

    >Yeah, I was just trying to get a bite out of woger :cool:

    Na I have taken out my Teeth.

    Woger, Mar 30, 2009
  8. Woger

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Woger wrote:
    > On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:35:22 +1300, "Trueone" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> "Your Name" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "trueone" <> wrote in message
    >>>>>

    >>> http://www.informationweek.com/news/windows/operatingsystems/showArticle.jht
    >>> ml?articleID=215900315

    >>> Nah! Too fiddly. Buy a Mac and "it just works". :)
    >>>

    >> Yeah, I was just trying to get a bite out of woger :cool:

    > Na I have taken out my Teeth.

    Oh well, back to the killfile. You just had the longest run yet without me
    killfiling you. You getting nice in your old age?

    <plonk>
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Mar 31, 2009