    area in desktop?

    I want to back it up separately to respore my preferred display format
    etc.

    Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz, Nov 17, 2009

  2. Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > What's the file that records any changes on makes to appearance,
    > settings tabs on properties dialog offered by right click on blank
    > area in desktop?
    >
    > I want to back it up separately to respore my preferred display format
    > etc.

    Again in understandable English please? Use actual names for dialogs,
    buttons, icons etc too - it helps.

    --
    Duncan.

    Dave Doe, Nov 18, 2009

  3. In message <>,
    Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz wrote:

    > What's the file that records any changes on makes to appearance,
    > settings tabs on properties dialog offered by right click on blank
    > area in desktop?

    There isn’t one. It’s all buried in the Registry.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 18, 2009
  4. Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:58:08 +1300, "Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz"
    <> wrote:

    >What's the file that records any changes on makes to appearance,
    >settings tabs on properties dialog offered by right click on blank
    >area in desktop?
    >
    >I want to back it up separately to respore my preferred display format
    >etc.

    Are you referring to the desktop Icon lay out..?

    There is a MS tool to save the settings..

    Mary Hanna, Nov 18, 2009
  5. Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz

    Max Burke Guest

    Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz wrote:
    > What's the file that records any changes on makes to appearance,
    > settings tabs on properties dialog offered by right click on blank
    > area in desktop?

    > I want to back it up separately to respore my preferred display format
    > etc.

    File extension is theme, ie MySettings.theme

    The file can be called anything you like

    The file location is:

    C:\Documents and Settings\User
    User = your name on the computer

    HTH

    --

    Found Images

    Max Burke, Nov 18, 2009
  6. My query was:

    Right click desktop > Display Properties > Advanced

    Where are the changes stored that one makes to font sizes, scroll
    widths etc ?

    Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz, Nov 18, 2009
  7. Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz

    Carnations Guest

    On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 19:21:26 +1300, Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz
    wrote:

    > My query was:
    >
    > Right click desktop > Display Properties > Advanced
    >
    > Where are the changes stored that one makes to font sizes, scroll
    > widths etc ?

    The Microsoft Windows Registry - the most insane method of storing system settings ever devised.

    Carnations, Nov 18, 2009
  8. Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz

    impossible Guest

    "Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > My query was:
    >
    > Right click desktop > Display Properties > Advanced
    >
    > Where are the changes stored that one makes to font sizes, scroll
    > widths etc ?

    Run Regedit. Then navigate to the folowing key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop

    Right-click and select "Export" -- this will produce a *.reg file with the
    settings you want to save. These files are in plain text format, so you can
    see what's included (and what's not).

    To restore the settings included in that file, simply run the *.reg as you
    would any other program.

    impossible, Nov 18, 2009
  9. Impossible:

    Tks for simple direct solution to me question.

    Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz, Nov 18, 2009
  10. In message <>,
    Lindsay.Rollo@paradisedotnetdotnz wrote:

    > My query was:
    >
    > Right click desktop > Display Properties > Advanced
    >
    > Where are the changes stored that one makes to font sizes, scroll
    > widths etc ?

    Registry of Registries, all is Registry.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 18, 2009