    my "d" drive has disappeared from the my computer window.

    any ideas ?

    Adam

    Chrosis, Apr 17, 2004

  2. Chrosis

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 02:03:14 -0400, "Chrosis" <>
    wrote:

    >Whenever windows starts I get a message saying that system32.exe has
    >encountered a problem and needs to close. Things seem to work o.k. but now
    >my "d" drive has disappeared from the my computer window.
    >
    >any ideas ?
    >
    >Adam

    Looks like you have a virus.
    http://www.symantec.com/search/ Search for system32.exe

    This is a link to a small FREE program by McAfee Anti-virus named Stinger.
    It will scan your system for 36 known viruses and trojans (including the new
    W32/MyDoom worm) and repair them. You don't need McAfee anti-virus installed
    on your computer... this is a stand alone program.
    http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

    Free online virus scanners

    http://housecall.antivirus.com/
    http://security.norton.com/default.asp?langid=us&venid=sym