    Does anyone have any advice to put my mind at rest?

    Many thanks
    Rob
    Robbie, Jan 24, 2004

  2. Robbie

    Sultan Guest

    Robbie wrote in news::

    > dynamic disk.

    Read this for a complete understanding of the differences and how to change
    from one to the other:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309044

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 24, 2004

  3. Robbie

    Robbie Guest

    On 24 Jan 2004 11:03:38 -0600, Sultan <>
    wrote:

    >> dynamic disk.

    >Read this for a complete understanding of the differences and how to change
    >from one to the other:
    >
    >http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309044
    >

    >Sultan

    Many thanks Sultan - I had to log on as a true Administrator to make
    it work properly. I had read the help files last night and it didnt
    work at all. Its all sorted out and partitioned now.

    Thanks
    Rob
    Robbie, Jan 24, 2004
  4. Robbie

    Sultan Guest

    Robbie wrote in news::

    > On 24 Jan 2004 11:03:38 -0600, Sultan <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>> dynamic disk.

    >>Read this for a complete understanding of the differences and how to
    >>change from one to the other:
    >>
    >>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309044
    >>

    >>Sultan
    >>

    > Many thanks Sultan - I had to log on as a true Administrator to make
    > it work properly. I had read the help files last night and it didnt
    > work at all. Its all sorted out and partitioned now.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Rob

    You're welcome, glad I could help.

    Sultan, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Robbie

    spotdog

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Convert dynamic disk back to basic without data loss

    Sultan explains very clearly about dynamic disk, but there is no solution about how to convert dynamic disk back to basic without data loss, see this article
    partition-tool.com/resource/resize-dynamic-disk.htm
    spotdog, Dec 11, 2009
  6. Robbie

    apple2012

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2010
    Messages:
    8
    convert dynamic disk to basic disk

    So, this problem can be solved if you convert dynamic disk to basic disk.
    Hah, I run into the same problem as you.
    And you can find some useful information at the same time.:D
    dynamic-disk.com/convert-dynamic-disk-to-basic.html
    apple2012, Aug 11, 2010