    switching users.

    Many thanks

    Vincent

    Vincent Wonnacott, Apr 30, 2004

  2. Vincent Wonnacott

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Vincent Wonnacott" <> wrote in
    news:c6sn0n$bgp$:

    > Can someone advise me where I can stop my adsl dial up disconnecting
    > when switching users.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Vincent

    Keep RAS Connections Alive When Switching Users
    You might have noticed that when you use the "Switch User" feature of
    Windows XP, you will lose your RAS (Dial-up and/or certain xDSL
    connections) connection. You can avoid this by entering the following to
    your registry:

    # Start the Registry Editor
    # Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \
    CurrentVersion \ Winlogon
    # Right-click an empty space in the right-hand
    pane, and from the menu select New > String value
    # Name the new value
    KeepRASConnections
    # Right-click the KeepRASConnections value, and
    choose Modify from the menu
    # Enter 1 as the Value data
    # Close the registry editor and log off from Windows for the changes to
    take effect

    Copied directly from http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/tune-23.htm

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com