XP Desktop reboots when printing to HP Network Printer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Chris H, Apr 25, 2007.

  1. Chris H

    Chris H Guest

    Hey Guys,

    Quick question, hopefully has a quick fix :)

    I have one user, that every time she tried to print her computer
    reboots...

    Computer: Running Windows XP SP2, all windows patches applied
    including IE7.
    Printer: HP9050DN

    I have removed the network printers from her computer, and removed the
    actual drivers under the drivers tab under server properties,
    rebooted, then reinstalled.

    Yet the same thing happens over and over again...

    Thank you in advance for your help.
    Chris H, Apr 25, 2007

  2. Chris H

    meerkat Guest

    "Chris H" <> wrote in message
    > Hey Guys,
    >
    > Quick question, hopefully has a quick fix :)
    >
    > I have one user, that every time she tried to print her computer
    > reboots...
    >
    > Computer: Running Windows XP SP2, all windows patches applied
    > including IE7.
    > Printer: HP9050DN
    >
    > I have removed the network printers from her computer, and removed the
    > actual drivers under the drivers tab under server properties,
    > rebooted, then reinstalled.
    >
    > Yet the same thing happens over and over again...
    >
    > Thank you in advance for your help.

    Go have a look in the Event Viewer.
    There might be some errors logged there.
    meerkat, Apr 25, 2007

  3. Chris H wrote:

    > Hey Guys,
    >
    > Quick question, hopefully has a quick fix :)
    >
    > I have one user, that every time she tried to print her computer
    > reboots...
    >
    > Computer: Running Windows XP SP2, all windows patches applied
    > including IE7.
    > Printer: HP9050DN
    >
    > I have removed the network printers from her computer, and removed the
    > actual drivers under the drivers tab under server properties,
    > rebooted, then reinstalled.
    >
    > Yet the same thing happens over and over again...
    >
    > Thank you in advance for your help.

    Turn off "automatic restart on error" (and watch the event viewer, as
    already mentioned). You may try to eliminate a resource conflict by
    swapping the NIC to another slot if not onboard, or reassign irqs in bios.
    Walter Mautner, Apr 26, 2007
  4. Chris H

    Chris H Guest

    Unfortunately there arent... I think I may use the XP cd and run the
    Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console feature...
    Chris H, Apr 26, 2007
  5. Chris H

    cross Guest

    so where we get the option of "automatic restart on error" so that i
    can uncheck
    cross, Apr 30, 2007
  6. cross wrote:

    > so where we get the option of "automatic restart on error" so that i
    > can uncheck

    Workplace rightclick -> properties -> advanced something. No big deal.
    Walter Mautner, Apr 30, 2007