    (not %100 sure)
    Have tried disabling and enabling visual effects settings.
    Any ideas?
    Industrious, May 29, 2004

  2. Industrious

    DanN Guest

    On Sat, 29 May 2004 14:34:11 +1200, "Industrious"
    <> wrote...
    | My XP desktop icons are no longer transparent.

    Enabling "Drop Shadows" on the icon text will make the text
    backgrounds mostly transparent. Right-click My Computer, choose
    Properties, go to the Advanced tab, choose the Performance settings,
    go to the Visual Effects tab, enable the "Use drop shadows for icon
    labels on the Desktop" option.

    You can also loose the transparency if Word Wrap option for the icon
    text is set somewhere, or when displaying web content on the desktop.

    (don't live at a com or net - address listed is altered)
    DanN, May 29, 2004

  3. Industrious

    Industrious Guest

    Solution: Right click desktop, 'arrange icons by', the unselect 'lock web
    items on desktop'

    "Industrious" <> wrote in message
    > My XP desktop icons are no longer transparent. Instead there is a colored
    > box around the name and some custom icons show jagged edges.
    > I have been running Style XP but as far as I can tell it is not the

    probalem

    Industrious, May 29, 2004