    Just installed Win XP from 98se
    How does one delete recent documents history?
    Thanks ..Ian

    Ian H, Jun 7, 2004

  2. Ian H

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 03:49:50 GMT, Ian H <mac2564@_hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Just installed Win XP from 98se
    >How does one delete recent documents history?
    >Thanks ..Ian

    The fastest way is to create a shortcut to
    C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Recent
    Select all, press Delete key. "Desktop.ini" will be recreated.
    (If you want to keep it, hold the cntl key and click it to deselect it.)

    Otherwise, right-click the taskbar, click the "Start Menu" tab, click the
    "Customize" button, click the "Clear" button.

    Unk, Jun 7, 2004

  3. Ian H

    °Mike° Guest

    This is the way I do it. I have a batch file tucked
    away in a folder, and a shortcut to it on my desktop,
    next to my recycle bin. The shortcut is set to run
    minimised. The batch file contains:

    @ECHO OFF
    CD %USERPROFILE%\recent
    ECHO y| DEL *.*
    CD..
    CLS
    EXIT

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 03:49:50 GMT, in
    <>
    Ian H scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 7, 2004
  4. Ian H

    ProfGene Guest

    C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\my recent documents

    ProfGene, Jun 7, 2004
  5. Ian H

    Martik Guest

    "°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    > This is the way I do it. I have a batch file tucked
    > away in a folder, and a shortcut to it on my desktop,
    > next to my recycle bin. The shortcut is set to run
    > minimised. The batch file contains:
    >
    > @ECHO OFF
    > CD %USERPROFILE%\recent
    > ECHO y| DEL *.*
    > CD..
    > CLS
    > EXIT

    What is the point of the last 2 cmd's before the EXIT?

    Martik, Jun 7, 2004
  6. Ian H

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 19:13:08 GMT, in
    <873xc.32722$jl6.10170@edtnps89>
    Martik scrawled:

    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> This is the way I do it. I have a batch file tucked
    >> away in a folder, and a shortcut to it on my desktop,
    >> next to my recycle bin. The shortcut is set to run
    >> minimised. The batch file contains:
    >>
    >> @ECHO OFF
    >> CD %USERPROFILE%\recent
    >> ECHO y| DEL *.*
    >> CD..
    >> CLS
    >> EXIT
    >>

    >What is the point of the last 2 cmd's before the EXIT?

    CD.. returns to the parent directory.
    CLS clears the console, so that the batch file will
    exit cleanly, and gracefully.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jun 7, 2004