    I also have another problem. I am an American but I live in Germany so I
    also need to find a way to take tests and attend workshops in English.

    Thank you
    DEHawk, Jan 2, 2008

  2. "DEHawk" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    > I am looking to become Windows XP certified but not exactly sure which
    > course I should enroll in. I am looking to get out of the certification is
    > the ability to solve problems that arise with XP. Computer freezes, Blue
    > Screen of Death issues, driver issues, fixing slow computers due to
    > software
    > issues, internet solutions, virus and malware removal. Basically any
    > issues
    > that the average Windows user expierence. Want to use these skills to fix
    > my
    > own computer as well as other peoples computers. So what would be the best
    > course to take?

    Everything you want to know can be found here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/default.mspx

    > I also have another problem. I am an American but I live in Germany so I
    > also need to find a way to take tests and attend workshops in English.

    I'm sure there is plenty of English-based instruction in Germany.

    You can take the exams in whichever language you prefer.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin, Jan 3, 2008

  3. The closest certification for this would be the MCDST.

    Exam 70-271 & Exam 70-272

    You can take Microsoft Courses:
    2261 & 2262

    For more information about this certification check out link Lawrence posted
    already.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/default.mspx

    --
    ..rev

    www.askthemct.com
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jan 3, 2008
  4. DEHawk

    DEHawk Guest

    "The Rev [MCT]" wrote:

    > The closest certification for this would be the MCDST.
    >
    > Exam 70-271 & Exam 70-272
    >
    > You can take Microsoft Courses:
    > 2261 & 2262
    >
    > For more information about this certification check out link Lawrence posted
    > already.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/default.mspx
    >
    > --
    > ..rev
    >
    > www.askthemct.com
    > ..
    > "DEHawk" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > > I am looking to become Windows XP certified but not exactly sure which
    > > course I should enroll in. I am looking to get out of the certification is
    > > the ability to solve problems that arise with XP. Computer freezes, Blue
    > > Screen of Death issues, driver issues, fixing slow computers due to
    > > software
    > > issues, internet solutions, virus and malware removal. Basically any
    > > issues
    > > that the average Windows user expierence. Want to use these skills to fix
    > > my
    > > own computer as well as other peoples computers. So what would be the best
    > > course to take?
    > > I also have another problem. I am an American but I live in Germany so I
    > > also need to find a way to take tests and attend workshops in English.
    > >
    > > Thank you

    > Thanks,

    That is what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I sign up for the correct
    course
    DEHawk, Jan 3, 2008
  5. DEHawk

    DEHawk Guest

    "DEHawk" wrote:

    > "The Rev [MCT]" wrote:
    >
    > > The closest certification for this would be the MCDST.
    > >
    > > Exam 70-271 & Exam 70-272
    > >
    > > You can take Microsoft Courses:
    > > 2261 & 2262
    > >
    > > For more information about this certification check out link Lawrence posted
    > > already.
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/default.mspx
    > >
    > > --
    > > ..rev
    > >
    > > www.askthemct.com
    > > ..
    > > "DEHawk" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hello,
    > > > I am looking to become Windows XP certified but not exactly sure which
    > > > course I should enroll in. I am looking to get out of the certification is
    > > > the ability to solve problems that arise with XP. Computer freezes, Blue
    > > > Screen of Death issues, driver issues, fixing slow computers due to
    > > > software
    > > > issues, internet solutions, virus and malware removal. Basically any
    > > > issues
    > > > that the average Windows user expierence. Want to use these skills to fix
    > > > my
    > > > own computer as well as other peoples computers. So what would be the best
    > > > course to take?
    > > > I also have another problem. I am an American but I live in Germany so I
    > > > also need to find a way to take tests and attend workshops in English.
    > > >
    > > > Thank you

    > > Thanks,

    > That is what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I sign up for the correct
    > course.

    Okay so how do I sign up for the course? I cannot seem to find it.
    DEHawk, Jan 3, 2008
  6. DEHawk

    John R Guest

    "DEHawk" <> wrote in message

    > "DEHawk" wrote:
    >

    >> "The Rev [MCT]" wrote:
    >>
    >> > The closest certification for this would be the MCDST.
    >> >
    >> > Exam 70-271 & Exam 70-272
    >> >
    >> > You can take Microsoft Courses:
    >> > 2261 & 2262
    >> >
    >> > For more information about this certification check out link Lawrence
    >> > posted
    >> > already.
    >> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/default.mspx
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > ..rev
    >> >
    >> > www.askthemct.com
    >> > ..
    >> > "DEHawk" <> wrote in message

    >> > Thanks,

    >> That is what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I sign up for the
    >> correct
    >> course.

    > Okay so how do I sign up for the course? I cannot seem to find it.

    MCDST isn't really a "course", it is a certification. To earn the
    certification, you will be required to pass two tests, 70-271 and 70-272.
    You can prepare for those tests any way that you like. The test objectives
    are listed here....

    Microsoft, as well as several other vendors do offer training courses to
    help prepare you for these exams. You can visit the learning home page
    www.microsoft.com/learning to find training, or to register for on-line
    courses.

    I think that most people however, start by buying studying materials. For
    example, Microsoft Press publishes training guides for all of their tests,
    and I have found those guides to be very good. You can find specifics about
    those on this page...
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/requirements.mspx

    Additionally, vendors such as TestOut and ExamCram offer training guides and
    videos to supplement your training. However, I have found that the best
    training comes from actually setting up a couple computers (or virtual PC
    environments) and actually playing with the technologies, following the labs
    in the MS Press books, etc, along with actual experience in the field.
    Certifications are, after all, about certifying your experience.

    Once you think you are ready for one or both tests, contact Microsofts
    testing partner Prometric (www.prometric.com) about scheduling an exam.

    John R
    John R, Jan 3, 2008