    I have AVG and Spyware Terminator, both updated daily so I'm hoping its not
    a malware attack - What possible causes should I check for?

    TIA.
    ian field, Nov 28, 2008

  2. ian field

    Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote:

    >Running XP pro.
    >
    >First start-up today my PC reported widows error starting up, it took two
    >goes at "last known good settings" before it booted into windows.
    >
    >I have AVG and Spyware Terminator, both updated daily so I'm hoping its not
    >a malware attack - What possible causes should I check for?

    Start | Run <type in>
    eventvwr.msc
    <enter>

    Look for errors around the time the problem started.
    --

    Macy's Parade, Rick Rolled
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i7B5aHafc0

  3. ian field

    ian field Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > "ian field" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Running XP pro.
    >>
    >>First start-up today my PC reported widows error starting up, it took two
    >>goes at "last known good settings" before it booted into windows.
    >>
    >>I have AVG and Spyware Terminator, both updated daily so I'm hoping its
    >>not
    >>a malware attack - What possible causes should I check for?

    > Start | Run <type in>
    > eventvwr.msc
    > <enter>
    >
    > Look for errors around the time the problem started.

    There's a lot of red "error" icons next to "Service Control Manager" lines
    and a yellow "Warning" icon on a TCP/IP line, that tells me there was some
    kind of problem - which I already knew.
    ian field, Nov 28, 2008