    Come up with a error message, but works ok with the Win98se boot floppy..

    Mind you, you do need a Printer that works with DOS, like most HP printers
    do.
    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 13, 2004

  2. The GHOST of WOGER.

    EMB Guest

    The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

    > Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy, as both of my
    > Win98se Boot disks had failed.
    >
    > No you can't, it been disabled from the Boot Floppy along with No CD
    > Support..
    >

    > ie d:\type file.exe > lpt1

    try copy file.txt >lpt1

    --
    EMB
    change two to number to reply
    EMB, Aug 13, 2004

  3. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Robert Guest

    www.bootdisk.com

    Robert, Aug 13, 2004
  4. On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:23:13 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    >>
    >> Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy, as both of my
    >> Win98se Boot disks had failed.
    >>
    >> No you can't, it been disabled from the Boot Floppy along with No CD
    >> Support..
    >>

    >> ie d:\type file.exe > lpt1

    >try copy file.txt >lpt1

    None work, tried to PRN and Cop and Print, its been disabled in the XP Boot
    Floppy, some thing about none supported device.

    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 13, 2004
  5. On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:34:14 +1200, "Robert" <> wrote:

    >www.bootdisk.com

    No a Valid Reply as WIN98se boot disks work, XP ones Don't

    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 13, 2004
  6. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Ron Sommer Guest

    Create a new WIN98se boot disk from the site.
    --
    Ron Sommer

    Ron Sommer, Aug 13, 2004
  7. On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 06:52:58 -0500, "Ron Sommer" <>
    wrote:

    >Create a new WIN98se boot disk from the site.
    >--
    >Ron Sommer

    I do not Understand the Logic of your Reply..

    Did you not read my Post..?

    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 13, 2004
  8. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Gurble Guest

    On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:56:51 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER.
    <> wrote:

    >>Create a new WIN98se boot disk from the site.
    >>--
    >>Ron Sommer

    >I do not Understand the Logic of your Reply..
    >
    >Did you not read my Post..?

    Um, you said you couldn't do something that was unsupported using an
    XP boot disk, which was a bugger because both your 98se boot disks
    were faulty.

    Ron's reply of creating a new 98se boot disk seems the most logical
    course of action to me, too.
    Gurble, Aug 13, 2004
  9. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Ron Sommer Guest

    Are you saying that a Win 98SE Boot disk won't print on your XP machine?
    --
    Ron Sommer

    Ron Sommer, Aug 13, 2004
  10. In article <>,
    says...
    > Are you saying that a Win 98SE Boot disk won't print on your XP machine?

    Win98SE doesn't know about NTFS, it won't be able to access an NTFS
    volume if this is required.

    --
    "Marriage is a lifelong covenant commitment between
    a man and a woman.

    This foundation provides the best possible
    environment to raise our children."

    See http://www.maxim.org.nz/civilunions.html
    Patrick Dunford, Aug 13, 2004
  11. On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 04:25:29 +1200, Gurble <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 00:56:51 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER.
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>>Create a new WIN98se boot disk from the site.
    >>>--
    >>>Ron Sommer

    >>I do not Understand the Logic of your Reply..
    >>
    >>Did you not read my Post..?

    >Um, you said you couldn't do something that was unsupported using an
    >XP boot disk, which was a bugger because both your 98se boot disks
    >were faulty.
    >
    >Ron's reply of creating a new 98se boot disk seems the most logical
    >course of action to me, too.

    Yes but if you read further into the Post I had already done that to prove
    that the XP one was crap..

    Plus also at that moment in time I could not boot into Win98se to create
    some floppies.
    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 14, 2004
  12. On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:46:48 -0500, "Ron Sommer" <>
    wrote:

    >Are you saying that a Win 98SE Boot disk won't print on your XP machine?
    >--
    >Ron Sommer

    Please read what I had posted..??

    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 14, 2004
  13. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Enkidu Guest

    On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:49:05 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER.
    <> wrote:

    >Yes but if you read further into the Post I had already done that to prove
    >that the XP one was crap..

    What is an "XP Boot Floppy" and where did you get it?

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Aug 14, 2004
  14. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Krash Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Plus also at that moment in time I could not boot into Win98se to create
    >some floppies.

    You've not heard of bootdisk.com, or starting 98 to the command prompt -> sys
    a:, or the freeware DOS-Ntfs reader???
    Krash, Aug 14, 2004
  15. On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:38:30 +1200, Krash <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:49:05 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER.
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Plus also at that moment in time I could not boot into Win98se to create
    >>some floppies.
    >>

    >You've not heard of bootdisk.com, or starting 98 to the command prompt -> sys
    >a:, or the freeware DOS-Ntfs reader???

    And how do you dnload a File when the Computer Only run in Dos mode...?

    Plus I do not use Ntfs file system and never ever said that I did..

    Plus you can't make a DOS disk with CD options in DOS.

    Think again before you post..
    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 14, 2004
  16. The GHOST of WOGER.

    EMB Guest

    The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:

    > And how do you dnload a File when the Computer Only run in Dos mode...?
    >
    > Plus I do not use Ntfs file system and never ever said that I did..
    >
    > Plus you can't make a DOS disk with CD options in DOS.
    >
    > Think again before you post..

    Roger - SIT STILL AND LISTEN FOR A MINUTE.

    You can download & write the image for *any* of their provided bootdisks
    under pretty well any version of windows on any file system. So long as
    you have a floppy drive, you're away laughing. They have images with CD
    drivers, images for pretty well every version of MS-DOS and pretty well
    every version of Windows. Go and look, then read, then comprehend, then
    try it, then come back here and eat some humble pie. Until then STFU.

    http://www.bootdisk.com

    [groups trimmed to nz.comp only]

    EMB, Aug 14, 2004
  17. On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 13:39:53 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    >>
    >> And how do you dnload a File when the Computer Only run in Dos mode...?
    >>
    >> Plus I do not use Ntfs file system and never ever said that I did..
    >>
    >> Plus you can't make a DOS disk with CD options in DOS.
    >>
    >> Think again before you post..

    >Roger - SIT STILL AND LISTEN FOR A MINUTE.
    >
    >You can download & write the image for *any* of their provided bootdisks
    >under pretty well any version of windows on any file system. So long as
    >you have a floppy drive, you're away laughing. They have images with CD
    >drivers, images for pretty well every version of MS-DOS and pretty well
    >every version of Windows. Go and look, then read, then comprehend, then
    >try it, then come back here and eat some humble pie. Until then STFU.
    >
    >http://www.bootdisk.com
    >
    >[groups trimmed to nz.comp only]

    Why are you SO THICK , ? I have Win98se as a Dual boot Option, so I don't need
    another DOS Type Disk, but at the time I only had a XP one that would boot,
    plus at that time I could not boot into 98se..

    But how does one dnload a File FROM DOS, so think again you have made a utter
    fool of your self..

    Go read what I posted as it seems you just can't read..

    groups trimmed back to show others how many thick people are here.
    The GHOST of WOGER., Aug 14, 2004
  18. The GHOST of WOGER.

    Krash Guest

    On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 13:25:55 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER.
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:38:30 +1200, Krash <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:49:05 +1200, The GHOST of WOGER.
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Plus also at that moment in time I could not boot into Win98se to create
    >>>some floppies.
    >>>

    >>You've not heard of bootdisk.com, or starting 98 to the command prompt -> sys
    >>a:, or the freeware DOS-Ntfs reader???
    >>

    >And how do you dnload a File when the Computer Only run in Dos mode...?

    You said you dual boot, are you so retarded that you **** up *2* operating
    systems???

    >Plus I do not use Ntfs file system and never ever said that I did..

    So what's the problem with starting your fucked 98 directly to the command
    prompt to type > lpt1 or whatever the hell you wanted to do?

    >Plus you can't make a DOS disk with CD options in DOS.

    Really?

    >Think again before you post..

    Quit posting & take up reading comprehension.
    Krash, Aug 14, 2004
  19. The GHOST of WOGER.

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 13:39:53 +1200, EMB <> wrote:
    >
    > >The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    > >>
    > >> And how do you dnload a File when the Computer Only run in Dos mode...?
    > >>
    > >> Plus I do not use Ntfs file system and never ever said that I did..
    > >>
    > >> Plus you can't make a DOS disk with CD options in DOS.
    > >>
    > >> Think again before you post..

    > >Roger - SIT STILL AND LISTEN FOR A MINUTE.
    > >
    > >You can download & write the image for *any* of their provided bootdisks
    > >under pretty well any version of windows on any file system. So long as
    > >you have a floppy drive, you're away laughing. They have images with CD
    > >drivers, images for pretty well every version of MS-DOS and pretty well
    > >every version of Windows. Go and look, then read, then comprehend, then
    > >try it, then come back here and eat some humble pie. Until then STFU.
    > >
    > >http://www.bootdisk.com
    > >
    > >[groups trimmed to nz.comp only]

    > Why are you SO THICK , ? I have Win98se as a Dual boot Option, so I don't need
    > another DOS Type Disk, but at the time I only had a XP one that would boot,
    > plus at that time I could not boot into 98se..
    >
    > But how does one dnload a File FROM DOS, so think again you have made a utter
    > fool of your self..
    >
    > Go read what I posted as it seems you just can't read..
    >
    > groups trimmed back to show others how many thick people are here.

    Microsoft NG readers don't won't to read how stupid you are Woger.
    (groups trimmed again)

    This is what you wrote:
    "
    Been trying to print a Text file using a XP Dos boot Floppy..."

    lets stop right there. There is no such thing as an XP DOS boot floppy.
    There is a set of bootable floppys you can make, to provide CD-ROM
    support so that you can install XP. That is all. ie one bootable
    floppy and five more floppy disks - allows you to boot off floppy
    (rather than CD) and pass control to the CD to continue the install.

    "
    , as both of my
    Win98se Boot disks had failed.

    No you can't, it been disabled from the Boot Floppy along with No CD
    Support..
    "

    Where the hell did you get your XP bootable floppy and support floppy
    disks ???? - and b) why don't you remake some 98 boot floppys - don't
    you have the brains to do that?

    "
    ie d:\type file.exe > lpt1

    Come up with a error message, but works ok with the Win98se boot
    floppy..
    "

    you just said you didn't have working 98 boot floppys!!

    Why don't you start a fresh message and tell us (in English we can
    understand) what the hell you are on about.

    you! (sweet FA)

    --
    Duncan
    T-Boy, Aug 14, 2004
  20. The GHOST of WOGER. wrote:
    > Go read what I posted as it seems you just can't read..
    > groups trimmed back to show others how many thick people are here.

    on behalf of the new zealand internet connected public, I apologise for
    Roger. he's been with us for some time, and unfortunatly, we seem to be
    stuck with him.

    He has a fascination with insulting people, calling them little boys,
    and telling them to play with playstations.

    again, very sorry.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 14, 2004