    1] Floppy

    2] CD Rom

    3] HDD.

    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz, Jan 30, 2006

  2. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz wrote:
    > Any suggestions for the simplest approach to having a boot disk
    > for XP Home with NTFS on the primary HDD partition.
    >
    > I assume that BIOS should be set to boot in this sequence:
    >
    > 1] Floppy
    >
    > 2] CD Rom
    >
    > 3] HDD.

    I prefer CD-ROM, Floppy, HDD, to accomodate unattended install scripts.

    NTFSDOS Pro would be your best bet if you want to access NTFS partitions
    from DOS.

    Can't be of much more help unless you tell us what you want the boot
    disk to do.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Jan 30, 2006

  3. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz says...
    > Any suggestions for the simplest approach to having a boot disk
    > for XP Home with NTFS on the primary HDD partition.
    >
    > I assume that BIOS should be set to boot in this sequence:
    >
    > 1] Floppy
    >
    > 2] CD Rom
    >
    > 3] HDD.

    What do you want a boot floppy for? It should be a bootable CD.

    If you need an emergency repair CD look for BartsPE or UBCD.

    Rob J, Jan 30, 2006
  4. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Guest

    I suppose using NTFS Reader to access NTFS in DOS or win 98\me. this
    tool worked for me and really never failed. it can be found on a data
    tools CD, Active@ Boot Disk. It also contains other valuable utils, for
    data destruction, restoration and backup. You should definately give it
    a try.

    http://www.ntfs.com/boot-disk.htm

    , Feb 2, 2006
  5. lrolloatparadisedotnetdotnz

    Guest

    schrieb:

    > I suppose using NTFS Reader to access NTFS in DOS or win 98\me. this
    > tool worked for me and really never failed. it can be found on a data
    > tools CD, Active@ Boot Disk. It also contains other valuable utils, for
    > data destruction, restoration and backup. You should definately give it
    > a try.
    >
    > http://www.ntfs.com/boot-disk.htm

    Why you don't use NTFS4DOS from datapol? This offers read and write
    access.
    Free for private users! (http://www.datapol.biz)

    , Feb 18, 2006