    What I want to avoid is an MP3/WMA file being split over 2 CD's.

    Any further info would be appreciated.

    Si.

    Si, Sep 20, 2003

  2. Si

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:45:58 +0100, Si wrote:

    >I have over 1000 MP3's and WMA's and I wish to back them up using XP Pro
    >BackUp Utility.

    <snip>

    No answers from the other times you asked?

    From: "Si"
    Subject: XP Pro BackUp Utility - One More Question!
    Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:45:57 +0100

    I have over 1000 MP3's and WMA's and I wish to back them up using XP Pro
    BackUp Utility.

    and

    From: "Si" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: XP Pro BackUp Utility - Another Question!
    Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:59:52 +0100

    I have over 1000 MP3's and WMA's and I wish to back them up using XP Pro
    BackUp Utility.

    Me

    why?, Sep 20, 2003

  3. Using the backup utility for this is stupid. Just burn them to cd using the
    burner software. It can tell you how many you can copy to cd to fill it.
    Plus you can still play them when they are on the cd. You should be able to
    get 150 to 190 mp3's per cd. If you had a dvd burner you could get about
    1600 mp3's on one dvd.
    The backup utility will do nothing for you since mp3's are already
    compressed.

    --
    Want someone to fix your computer remotely?
    Check out Network info at this site:

    http://www.onecomputerguy.com/tips.htm
    "Si" <> wrote in message
    > I have over 1000 MP3's and WMA's and I wish to back them up using XP Pro
    > BackUp Utility.
    >
    > If I back them up using this utility to my (D) Data drive, then burn them

    > CD using my CD Drive (Z), obviously I'm gonna need quite a few CD's.
    >
    > My question is - does the XP Pro BackUp Utility know how many files to fit
    > on each CD disc?
    >
    > What I want to avoid is an MP3/WMA file being split over 2 CD's.
    >
    > Any further info would be appreciated.
    >
    > Si.

    ---

    BananaPannaPoe-, Sep 20, 2003