  1. Jack Slater

    Jack Slater Guest

    help?????????
    Jack Slater, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Jack Slater

    JWooden271 Guest

    Um, your question wasn't very clear. Try posting some more info next time.

    Thanks

    JWooden271, Feb 8, 2004

  3. It sounds like you have an earth loop, that is all your equipment is
    earthed and the connecting leads are shielded so you end up with a
    complete circle of earth connections. Usually disconnecting the shield
    connection at one end of the connecting leads will stop this, but not
    always.

    In article <IfyVb.255502$na.416779@attbi_s04>, says...

    Grytpype-Thynne, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Jack Slater

    Jack Slater Guest

    I'm trying to back up files using XP Backup. The files are selected, job
    created, and schedule to run the back up every Sunday 5 am but it never
    runs.

    Jack Slater, Feb 9, 2004
  5. Jack Slater

    Kurt Guest

    "Jack Slater" <> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to back up files using XP Backup. The files are selected, job
    > created, and schedule to run the back up every Sunday 5 am but it never
    > runs.
    >
    > "JWooden271" <> wrote in message
    > > Um, your question wasn't very clear. Try posting some more info next

    time.

    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Jack Slater wrote:
    > > > help?????????

    I had that happen not too long ago.
    Had changed computer name or messed with profiles or some such and the
    tasks scheduled to run under that profile all stopped working.
    Deleted them and recreated, now fine!

    Kurt
    Kurt, Feb 9, 2004
  6. Jack Slater

    PC Guest

    "Jack Slater" <> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to back up files using XP Backup. The files are selected, job
    > created, and schedule to run the back up every Sunday 5 am but it never
    > runs.
    >snip<

    Jack

    Have a look at the Status of the job in Scheduled Tasks. Good chance it
    reports an incorrect password.

    Either:

    Use a password to log on at system start up, and the same user/password
    combination when scheduling the job. No a 'blank' password won't work.

    or

    Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Local Security Policy, Local
    Policy, Security Options.
    Look in the right window for "Accounts: Limit local account use of blank
    passwords to Console logon only" and Disable it. (ie turn it off)

    Have found machines without the second fix available so you may have to use
    something like TweakUi to auto log on for you if you don't want the hastle.

    Cheers
    Paul
    PC, Feb 9, 2004