    Any one has any idea what went wrong?
    Thank you for any help!
    JS
    Protagonist, Oct 30, 2007

  2. Protagonist

    Tee Jay Guest

    Protagonist wrote:
    > My 6 month old HP Pavilion DV 9000 laptop did an automatic update for
    > Win XP, when I rebooted the laptop, my wireless connection disappeared!
    > WTF!!!
    > I re-set the system registry to an earlier date, but still no use.
    > In control panel there is a Wireless assister icon, click on it, nothing
    > happens.
    > Wireless switch at the front of the laptop, glows orange,(green ON)
    > means not active, all though the switch is turned on.
    > Any one has any idea what went wrong?
    > Thank you for any help!
    > JS

    Power cycle router & Modem.
    Good Luck
    Tee Jay
    Tee Jay, Oct 30, 2007

  3. Protagonist

    Alex Clayton Guest

    > Protagonist wrote:
    >> My 6 month old HP Pavilion DV 9000 laptop did an automatic update for Win
    >> XP, when I rebooted the laptop, my wireless connection disappeared!
    >> WTF!!!
    >> I re-set the system registry to an earlier date, but still no use.
    >> In control panel there is a Wireless assister icon, click on it, nothing
    >> happens.
    >> Wireless switch at the front of the laptop, glows orange,(green ON) means
    >> not active, all though the switch is turned on.
    >> Any one has any idea what went wrong?
    >> Thank you for any help!
    >> JS

    While some Win. Updates have in the past caused some problems that later had
    to be fixed, I have never heard of this. Have 4 win. Laptops and all have
    all the MS updates with no wireless problems. It sounds like something has
    gone with the wireless card in the machine at re boot. It's still under
    warranty right? If so give them a call and see if there is a local shop
    authorized to do the work.
    --
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin
    Franklin
    Alex Clayton, Oct 30, 2007
  4. Protagonist

    Protagonist Guest

    Tee Jay wrote:
    > Protagonist wrote:
    >> My 6 month old HP Pavilion DV 9000 laptop did an automatic update for
    >> Win XP, when I rebooted the laptop, my wireless connection
    >> disappeared! WTF!!!
    >> I re-set the system registry to an earlier date, but still no use.
    >> In control panel there is a Wireless assister icon, click on it,
    >> nothing happens.
    >> Wireless switch at the front of the laptop, glows orange,(green ON)
    >> means not active, all though the switch is turned on.
    >> Any one has any idea what went wrong?
    >> Thank you for any help!
    >> JS

    > Power cycle router & Modem.
    > Good Luck
    > Tee Jay

    How you do that?
    What I read on the net, most likely when windows were updated, lost the
    driver for the wireless, may need to re-install.
    I've noticed when I click on the Wireless assistant icon in control
    panel, don't respond.
    There is a new, latest driver for the wireless on HP website.
    Tonight I'll try to install it.
    I'll Looks like it's a common problem for HP computers, many users are
    complaining about it.
    Thx!
    JS
    Protagonist, Oct 31, 2007
  5. Protagonist

    Tee Jay Guest

    Protagonist wrote:
    > Tee Jay wrote:
    >> Protagonist wrote:
    >>> My 6 month old HP Pavilion DV 9000 laptop did an automatic update for
    >>> Win XP, when I rebooted the laptop, my wireless connection
    >>> disappeared! WTF!!!
    >>> I re-set the system registry to an earlier date, but still no use.
    >>> In control panel there is a Wireless assister icon, click on it,
    >>> nothing happens.
    >>> Wireless switch at the front of the laptop, glows orange,(green ON)
    >>> means not active, all though the switch is turned on.
    >>> Any one has any idea what went wrong?
    >>> Thank you for any help!
    >>> JS

    >> Power cycle router & Modem.
    >> Good Luck
    >> Tee Jay

    > How you do that?
    > What I read on the net, most likely when windows were updated, lost the
    > driver for the wireless, may need to re-install.
    > I've noticed when I click on the Wireless assistant icon in control
    > panel, don't respond.
    > There is a new, latest driver for the wireless on HP website.
    > Tonight I'll try to install it.
    > I'll Looks like it's a common problem for HP computers, many users are
    > complaining about it.
    > Thx!
    > JS

    This is the most common of answers to connectivity problems.
    1. Turn Computer off
    2. Unplug router
    3. unplug modem
    4. plug in modem and count to 30
    5. plug in router and count to 30
    6. turn on computer

    This will reset the DHCP and solves allot of problems. By unplug I mean
    pull power plug to machine not disconnect data wires.

    If you are not seeing the network you are trying to connect to you have
    driver issues and need to reinstall driver for router.
    Good Luck
    Tee Jay
    Tee Jay, Oct 31, 2007
  6. Protagonist

    Protagonist Guest

    Tee Jay wrote:
    > Protagonist wrote:
    >> Tee Jay wrote:
    >>> Power cycle router & Modem.
    >>> Good Luck
    >>> Tee Jay

    >> How you do that?
    >> What I read on the net, most likely when windows were updated, lost
    >> the driver for the wireless, may need to re-install.
    >> I've noticed when I click on the Wireless assistant icon in control
    >> panel, don't respond.
    >> There is a new, latest driver for the wireless on HP website.
    >> Tonight I'll try to install it.
    >> I'll Looks like it's a common problem for HP computers, many users are
    >> complaining about it.
    >> Thx!
    >> JS
    >>

    > This is the most common of answers to connectivity problems.
    > 1. Turn Computer off
    > 2. Unplug router
    > 3. unplug modem
    > 4. plug in modem and count to 30
    > 5. plug in router and count to 30
    > 6. turn on computer
    >
    > This will reset the DHCP and solves allot of problems. By unplug I mean
    > pull power plug to machine not disconnect data wires.
    >
    > If you are not seeing the network you are trying to connect to you have
    > driver issues and need to reinstall driver for router.
    > Good Luck
    > Tee Jay

    I have 2 computer connected to my router,
    My PC with LAN and my laptop with Wireless.
    My PC works fine, I have Internet.
    Only my wireless gone on my laptop, after an automatic WinXP update.
    I was also able to see my neighbors wireless on the laptop, 3-4
    connections, now nothing.
    I removed the Wireless Assistant program and re-installed it, still no
    response.
    I think, just call HP, since my laptop is still under warranty.
    This problem getting to be pain in the neck.
    JS
    Protagonist, Nov 1, 2007