    changes.

    Any help greatly appreciated.

    TIA

    EnJay, Oct 27, 2004

  2. EnJay

    HF Guest

    It seems apparent that the program has done it. but why worry ??Your first
    stop is surely the company supplying Homebase.
    "EnJay" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > I have recently installed a programme called Homebase as part of my

    business
    > and the appearance of XP has changed. Firstly the Start button has

    changed
    > from XP to Windows Classic as has everything else. I have tried to change
    > the settings using right click-Proprties etc etc, but I cannot change
    > anything. When I choose the Appearance tab and click effects to restore

    the
    > silver 3D effect of the Taskbar it does nothing even though it is active
    > (not greyed out).
    >
    > Can anyone suggext what I can do. Also the programme Homebase was

    installed
    > by the company rep (in my presence) and know that he did not make any
    > changes.
    >
    > Any help greatly appreciated.
    >
    > TIA

    ---

    HF, Oct 27, 2004

  3. EnJay

    Jerry G. Guest

    I would call the company that supplies the software you installed and
    enquire about this.

    The next question is, mostly all the businesses that I deal with use
    standard packages such as office, and a descent accounting package such as
    Quicken. From what I see, the systems with these are very stable, and
    nothing in the operating system is modified.

    XP-Pro is on most of our client machines, including our own. Our preference
    is the classic look. It is simpler, and more people are used to it.

    --

    Jerry G.

    Jerry G., Oct 27, 2004
  4. EnJay

    EnJay Guest

    Unfortunately it is with a charity. I have contacted the guy who installed
    it to see if he has heard of this before. I must admit I had reservations
    about XP until I tried it. I prefer the XP look. Anyway, it is only a few
    settings that are altered, the computer still works as normal.

    Nig

    EnJay, Oct 27, 2004