    desktop can see the laptop and share it's files but the laptop cannot
    see the desktop or share it's files. Can anyone point me in the right
    direction to solve this? Thank you in advance.

    Steve, Jul 14, 2005

  2. Steve

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Jul 14, 2005

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Jack wrote:
    > Hi
    > May be this can Help: http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).
    >
    > "Steve" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have a wireless home network set up with an XP desktop wired to a
    >>linksys wireless router and a win95 laptop connected with a wireless
    >>card. Both computers can access the internet with no problem. I have
    >>folders set up to share on both computers. My problem is that the
    >>desktop can see the laptop and share it's files but the laptop cannot
    >>see the desktop or share it's files. Can anyone point me in the right
    >>direction to solve this? Thank you in advance.

    I checked the site but still no help. I don't know if I should be
    looking at the settings for the router or the desktop or the laptop.

    Steve, Jul 14, 2005
  4. Steve

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    If both computers have Internet connection leave the Router as is.
    To share files both computers need to be set for File sharing. The page in
    my post above has links to Sharing's instructions for all Windows clients
    OS'.
    If you set the sharing and it does not work well look here:

    Jack, Jul 14, 2005