    having a succesful network running at home for a year,,so I have tried most
    usual tricks...I am out of ideas...

    any advanced ideas would be greatly appreciated...

    =?Utf-8?B?am9obmM=?=, Sep 4, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?am9obmM=?=

    Quaoar Guest

    "johnc" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > this wireless adapter worked great for a year on this desktop with ME,
    > upgraded desktop to XP this week (UTTER HELL BY THE WAY....)...now I
    > cannot
    > get an internet connection on this desktop...it wavers between great
    > signal
    > (but still no internet) and no signal...I have spent 6 hours, this
    > after
    > having a succesful network running at home for a year,,so I have tried
    > most
    > usual tricks...I am out of ideas...
    >
    > any advanced ideas would be greatly appreciated...

    Reinstall the card driver. Check with Linksys for a driver update for
    XP. Use Wireless Zero Configuration (Let Windows Manage this
    connection...). You might re-run the connection wizard - it might make
    a new connection, but you can remove any duplicates from Device
    Manager/View Menu/View Hidden Devices. If you have a router, do not use
    the Windows Firewall, disable it. How much wattage is your power
    supply? Is it adequate? Is it stable?

    Quaoar, Sep 4, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?am9obmM=?=

    Quaoar Guest

    "johnc" <> wrote in message
    > this wireless adapter worked great for a year on this desktop with ME,
    > upgraded desktop to XP this week (UTTER HELL BY THE WAY....)...now I
    > cannot
    > get an internet connection on this desktop...it wavers between great
    > signal
    > (but still no internet) and no signal...I have spent 6 hours, this
    > after
    > having a succesful network running at home for a year,,so I have tried
    > most
    > usual tricks...I am out of ideas...
    >
    > any advanced ideas would be greatly appreciated...

    ....additionally, do broadcast the network SSID. If not broadcast, some
    receivers will have difficulty with signal.

    Quaoar, Sep 4, 2004