    Any suggestions?
    How do I turn it off?
    Clara

    Clara Bow, Aug 21, 2006

  2. Clara Bow

    Guest

    Clara Bow <> wrote:

    >When windows starts it first shows a pic I used to use for a background
    >before going to the one I use now.
    >The other night a prog crashed and when I went to the desktop there was a
    >box asking if I wanted to resore my active desktop.
    >I thought this was a Win98 thing and had been dropped by the time XP hit
    >the shelves.
    >Any suggestions?
    >How do I turn it off?

    See if this helps
    Start | Run <type in> desk.cpl <enter>

    Desktop - Customize Desktop - Web - Disable any listings

    --
    http://tinyurl.com/gso3c

    , Aug 21, 2006

  3. Clara Bow

    and3w Guest

    "Clara Bow" <> wrote in message
    > When windows starts it first shows a pic I used to use for a background
    > before going to the one I use now.
    > The other night a prog crashed and when I went to the desktop there was a
    > box asking if I wanted to resore my active desktop.
    > I thought this was a Win98 thing and had been dropped by the time XP hit
    > the shelves.
    > Any suggestions?
    > How do I turn it off?
    > Clara

    It is perfectly normal if Windoze is shut down wrongly (i.e. crashes, either
    itself or via another program crashing), for the 'do you wish to restore
    your active desktop' box to appear; as to it using an old pic..if you can't
    stand the pic, delete it;..it should be in
    C: Documents & Settings/[your logon]/Application Data/Microsoft/Internet
    Explorer
    or possibly 'My Picture's' depending on where you put it..

    and3w, Aug 22, 2006