    computer

    Can someone help as to why this is ahppening

    Thanks

    ybakiwi, Jan 7, 2006

  2. ybakiwi

    SteveM Guest

    ybakiwi <> wrote in
    news::

    > I have owned and and have installed Xp ever since it was available,
    >
    > I am now asking to reactivate with in three dayseverytime I start my
    > computer
    >
    > Can someone help as to why this is ahppening
    >
    > Thanks

    Have you replaced any (major) hardware items in the PC.

    I replaced a CD Writer for a friend the other day and it asked to
    be reactivated.

    SteveM

    SteveM, Jan 7, 2006

  3. ybakiwi

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "SteveM" <> wrote in message
    > ybakiwi <> wrote in
    >
    >> I have owned and and have installed Xp ever since it was available,
    >>
    >> I am now asking to reactivate with in three dayseverytime I start my
    >> computer
    >>
    >> Can someone help as to why this is ahppening
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > Have you replaced any (major) hardware items in the PC.
    >
    > I replaced a CD Writer for a friend the other day and it asked to
    > be reactivated.
    >

    > SteveM

    just do what it says and see what happens?

    KB

    Krazy Bob, Jan 7, 2006
  4. ybakiwi

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > "SteveM" <> wrote in message
    >> ybakiwi <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> I have owned and and have installed Xp ever since it was available,
    >>>
    >>> I am now asking to reactivate with in three dayseverytime I start my
    >>> computer
    >>>
    >>> Can someone help as to why this is ahppening
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>

    >> Have you replaced any (major) hardware items in the PC.
    >>
    >> I replaced a CD Writer for a friend the other day and it asked to
    >> be reactivated.
    >>

    >> SteveM

    > just do what it says and see what happens?

    Every three days?

    Maybe the CMOS battery is shot/dodgey and everytime you start the PC it
    re-detects your hardware? Shot in the dark, I dunno. Is the clock keeping
    good time?
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jan 7, 2006
  5. ybakiwi

    Mark Guest

    >Maybe the CMOS battery is shot/dodgey and everytime you start the PC it
    >re-detects your hardware? Shot in the dark, I dunno. Is the clock keeping
    >good time?

    er unlikely.......

    chances are a bit of hardware has been changed..just reactivate and
    you should be all go :)

    Mark, Jan 8, 2006
  6. ybakiwi

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Mark wrote:
    >> Maybe the CMOS battery is shot/dodgey and everytime you start the PC
    >> it re-detects your hardware? Shot in the dark, I dunno. Is the clock
    >> keeping good time?

    > er unlikely.......

    That's what I thought but I got the impression he was actually activating it
    and still having the problem. Probably mis-interpreted the post.

    > chances are a bit of hardware has been changed..just reactivate and
    > you should be all go :)

    Yup.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jan 8, 2006
  7. ybakiwi

    Torrential Guest

    On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:42:46 +1300, Mark <> wrote:

    >>Maybe the CMOS battery is shot/dodgey and everytime you start the PC it
    >>re-detects your hardware? Shot in the dark, I dunno. Is the clock keeping
    >>good time?

    >er unlikely.......
    >
    > chances are a bit of hardware has been changed..just reactivate and
    >you should be all go :)

    possible MS blacklist its own serial :))

    Torrential, Jan 8, 2006
  8. ybakiwi

    Rob J Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:42:46 +1300, Mark <> wrote:
    >

    > >>Maybe the CMOS battery is shot/dodgey and everytime you start the PC it
    > >>re-detects your hardware? Shot in the dark, I dunno. Is the clock keeping
    > >>good time?

    > >er unlikely.......
    > >
    > > chances are a bit of hardware has been changed..just reactivate and
    > >you should be all go :)

    > possible MS blacklist its own serial :))

    You mean one that was published on the net for fraudulent use

    Rob J, Jan 9, 2006
  9. ybakiwi

    David Guest

    Rob J wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...

    >>>er unlikely.......
    >>>
    >>>chances are a bit of hardware has been changed..just reactivate and
    >>>you should be all go :)

    >>possible MS blacklist its own serial :))

    > You mean one that was published on the net for fraudulent use

    The joke is that if you install a dodgy version, it's probably
    professional corporate edition, and you wont be bothered by activation
    in any shape or form.

    David, Jan 9, 2006
  10. ybakiwi

    Rob J Guest

    In article <6Enwf.13591$>,
    says...
    > Rob J wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...

    > >>possible MS blacklist its own serial :))

    > > You mean one that was published on the net for fraudulent use
    > >

    > The joke is that if you install a dodgy version, it's probably
    > professional corporate edition, and you wont be bothered by activation
    > in any shape or form.

    Until you run into the "Genuine Windows" program

    Rob J, Jan 9, 2006
  11. ybakiwi

    David Guest

    Rob J wrote:
    > In article <6Enwf.13591$>,
    > says...
    >
    >>Rob J wrote:
    >>
    >>>In article <>,
    >>> says...

    >>>You mean one that was published on the net for fraudulent use
    >>>

    >>The joke is that if you install a dodgy version, it's probably
    >>professional corporate edition, and you wont be bothered by activation
    >>in any shape or form.

    > Until you run into the "Genuine Windows" program

    If you mean the one on Windows Update, thats easily avoided. In IE,
    select tools->manage addons and disable "Windows Genuine Advantage". The
    one on download.microsoft.com is only slightly tougher, and requires
    typing javascript in the address bar, although greasemonkey can automate
    this nicely so you forget all about it ever existing.

    David, Jan 9, 2006